JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Who else has used these, it mounts on top of a Rock Chucker single stage press and converts it to a 5 station progressive. And If you needed to single stage just remove it.

The 1 and 2 only came as auto indexing. The 3 and 4 I believe came only in manual indexing .

Please correct me if I am wrong on that.

I currently have the PB 3 manual index and love it. And will be adding a Pro 2000 auto index in a few weeks (it can be neutered easily and run in manual mode. Also easily reversed back to auto mode) it also use's primer strips which I've come to love over tubes.

Just wondering if I'm the only one using one of these on the site?

Thanks

I picked up a pretty rough one used, put it on my RS5 and got about 35rds of 9mm before it sheared off the screws holding the shell holder in place. After that I had my wife sell it on ebay and got more than I paid for it. So overall, I had a great experience with one. As long as you ignore the 3 hours I spent getting it all set up for the 35 rounds of 9mm!

I picked up a pretty rough one used, put it on my RS5 and got about 35rds of 9mm before it sheared off the screws holding the shell holder in place. After that I had my wife sell it on ebay and got more than I paid for it. So overall, I had a great experience with one. As long as you ignore the 3 hours I spent getting it all set up for the 35 rounds of 9mm!

Not sure how I kept mine going for so long, about 1989 till I sold it here in 13. It got upgraded to a PB 2 for free thanks to RCBS back in 92.

And got the PB 3, had RCBS on the phone a few weeks ago for a question and for the heck of it I asked if they still have parts for the PB 2 and they said YUP and asked what it was i needed.

Amazing CS!

Last Edited:
Not sure how I kept mine going for so long, about 1989 till I sold it here in 13.

And got the PB 3, had RCBS on the phone a few weeks ago for a question and for the heck of it I asked if they still have parts for the PB 2 and they said YUP and asked what it was i needed.

Amazing CS!

Called last week to see about getting parts to convert a hornady case activated linkage to make it an RCBS CAL because most if the parts are the same but doesn't really work as well with a UPM
Was told they have the parts but they do not sell them.
They will warranty them out for me for free though.
Could tell you story after story like that with them.
Best customer service I have ever dealt with with any product ever.
And that's no BS.
Oh that's Dillon's claim to fame.
Luv my Dillon stuff but they don't treat you near as well as RCBS.

Called last week to see about getting parts to convert a hornady case activated linkage to make it an RCBS CAL because most if the parts are the same but doesn't really work as well with a UPM
Was told they have the parts but they do not sell them.
They will warranty them out for me for free though.
Could tell you story after story like that with them.
Best customer service I have ever dealt with with any product ever.
And that's no BS.
Oh that's Dillon's claim to fame.
Luv my Dillon stuff but they don't treat you near as well as RCBS.
Ur so right, my buddy in Reno has blue and green and says green treats him better .

I'm in the process of installing the new Lee Auto Drum Powder Measure over a Lee powder thru the expander die, for case activated powder drop.
https://fsreloading.com/lee-precision-auto-drum-powder-measure-90811.html
I've read lots of reviews on this PM and it's supposed to be way better than the Lee Auto Disc...we'll see.

This will replace the RCBS powder measure that was connected to the index rod for activation, and did not expand the case, that was in station 3.

All this is to eliminate reaching around the back to put a bullet onto the expanded case.
This will free up a station that I will be using for a Hornady bullet feeding die topped with bullets stacked in plastic tubes.
So it'll be: 1st station=hand load brass/resize/de-prime, 2nd station=prime/expand/powder drop, 3rd station= drop/load bullet, 4th station=seat bullet, 5th station crimp bullet.
I'm waiting for powder measure to show up.
:D

I'm in the process of installing the new Lee Auto Drum Powder Measure over a Lee powder thru the expander die, for case activated powder drop.
I've read lots of reviews on this PM and it's supposed to be way better than the Lee Auto Disc...we'll see.

This will replace the RCBS powder measure that was connected to the index rod for activation, and did not expand the case, that was in station 3.

All this is to eliminate reaching around the back to put a bullet onto the expanded case.
This will free up a station that I will be using for a Hornady bullet feeding die topped with bullets stacked in plastic tubes.
So it'll be: 1st station=hand load brass/resize/de-prime, 2nd station=prime/expand/powder drop, 3rd station= drop/load bullet, 4th station=seat bullet, 5th station crimp bullet.

Interesting my newer one
The PB 3 with primers in the APS system and the ease of changing sml to lrg primers was a great change over my old PB2. Oh and mine is manual indexing.

But when my old PB2 was dialed in it would rock out was long as I had my tubes filled! At around 450 per hour but 350 /400 as a normal pace was a piece of cake.

I can say 10's of thousands of 45, 38 super, and 9mm for IPSC over the years. Not to mention .380 & 38. Had to have a progressive to play the games and it was only a 100bks back then and I already had the RC so it was a no brainer.

Last Edited:

Quoting myself :confused:
Just an update on my quest to graft a Hornady bullet feeding die and Lee powder Measure onto my piggyback II.
I had to use 2 risers for the powder thru the expander to clear the center indexing rod, and shorten the primer tubes a they hit the Lee Auto Drum (LAD) powder measure (PM).
I'll try and post some pics:
DSC02004.JPG
This is the Lee Auto Disc Pro PM, just wanted to show the return spring arrangement.
I put a hose clamp around the sizer/de-prime die in station #1, and hooked the spring into a clamp slot, and to show the bullets stacked in the tube ;)
I went to a gun show today and this Ammomaster Auto came home with me, it's a complete press, not a piggy back, uses the same shell plates/primer tubes/primer system as what I already have.
AmmoMaster.JPG
Lots of spares and shell plates, as well as an extra top plate that can be setup with a different caliber and quickly changed over.
DSC02002.JPG
:)

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR