JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This has the primer punch and full-length sizing die and the Matchmaster Micrometer Die. These are the only two dies I need to reload for the 300 Win Mag? Is it best to seat the bullets to the factory overall length or should I try the old way and seat the bullets for an overall length where the bullet is very near the throat of the barrel? The rifle is a Weatherby 300 Vanguard 2 S. Thanks for the info.

I just used three different calipers finding that both once fired and factory loaded rounds measured about .34 outside diameter. I will check the book for the necessary subtractions and order the sized bushings. I think there are steel bushing and another type? Which is preferred?

Hope this helps.

Sizing dies require the purchase of appropriate neck bushings for the caliber you are loading. To determine the proper neck bushing size, measure the outside neck diameter of a loaded cartridge and subtract .002" to .003" to allow for a small amount of brass spring back. I think I have 5 or 6 different bushings for my 308 but my brass is mixed. Have yet to play around with it all that much as I sized it all previously before my bushings showed up.

James

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads