JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I should clarify, the die I referring too is the case lubricating die that lubes the case for resizing, not the bullet Lubrisizer.

For .223 I'm thinking of setting up a tool head on my Dillon 550 with:

Station 1: Lee universal decapping die
Station 2: RCBS lube die
Station 3: Sizeing die with decap removed
Station 4: Lyman M die

Ultimately I want to upgrade station three with a Dillon power trimmer / sizer.

I'm wondering if the lube die really works. It's been around forever but I rarely hear it mentioned. I would think if it works well more folks would be using it.

Thoughts? Experiences? Tips or warnings?

Thanks again!

PS;
I've been using the manual method of lubricating (rifle) cases for over thirty years. The lubes however, have changed several times.

Currently I use either the imperial sizing wax or a home made brew of lanolin and alcohol applied with a spray bottle.

Good luck and let us know what you wind up doing!

Just read up on the reviews and they are so-so. Plus if that's the same RCBS lube I used to use way back in the day, it's too thick and sticky for my taste.

Consider this:
1) lube die, which includes a decaper
2) Sizer die without a decaper pin
3) powder feed
4) bullet seater

I've had zero luck getting my Dillon primer feed system to work more than 50 rounds before jamming or sticking, so I prime off the press. I've also had zero luck cleaning up sizing lube from loaded rounds, other than hand wiping. I just tried again tumbling my loaded rounds with yet another sizing lube (Lee this time) and all I get is a sticky mess that ruins the media and takes forever to clean the media bowl and I still end up hand wiping a couple of thousand rounds.

I want to size and prime off the press because of this. The system I'm thinking of (listed above) uses a water based lube, and I can toss the cases in my wet tumbler with pins after and not have a slimey, sticky mess inside my drum.

Also, on the 550 the powder station must be in station number 2.

Thanks for the ideas however, I'm always looking to learn new things!

Last Edited:
Just read up on the reviews and they are so-so. Plus if that's the same RCBS lube I used to use way back in the day, it's too thick and sticky for my taste.
It uses RCBS Case Lube 2 … which I've used on a pad for years. It cleans very easily with warm soapy water, especially if you toss the cases into a wet tumbler.

I've not been able to find many reviews online … what search string did you use to fine the reviews?

Thanks!

It uses RCBS Case Lube 2 … which I've used on a pad for years. It cleans very easily with warm soapy water, especially if you toss the cases into a wet tumbler.

I've not been able to find many reviews online … what search string did you use to fine the reviews?

Thanks!
Read the reviews on midway USA.

Here is my process:

For rifle on a progressive::
Stage 1 is a lube/dcaping die. You still need to lube the case mouth. I put a dab of lube on a q-tip and do every few rounds.
Stage 2 is sizer
Tumble
Swage (if needed)
Trim with 3-way cutter (if needed)
Change out top plate
Stage 2 is prime
Stage 3 is powder
Stage 4 is seat
Stage 5 is crimp (based on caliber)

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR