JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a friend back in Boise who is selling two of his reloaders. One is the RCBS jr3, the other is a RCBS partner. I am planning on reloading rifle, and hand gun rounds with the one I pick. My question to you all is..... Wich one of the two should I get? The deal he is giving me is a Mec size master set up for 12 gauge, and either the jr3 or partner (what ever one I pick) and a powder scale all for 200 bucks. So which RCBS loader is gonna be the best? Please help.

The JR3 press is by far and away the better press. if for no other reason the JR3 has the priming ability. But its over all a much heavier press.

Mark is right. The Partner press does have it's appeal though. It is very small and portable and makes an excellent second press for depriming or seating bullets. For FL sizing the larger size of the jr3 is a better choice and if it is going to be your primary press.

The Partner press has priming capability also. I have a Partner and I am surprised at how smooth it is to operate, it definately takes up very little space but still performs most of the jobs a larger press is needed to accomplish. For all around reloading I'd still go with the JR3 if I had to choose between the two.

As most have said, the JR3 is the stronger of the two presses. however, the partner has a bigger aperture and is easier to get your fingers into and out of. But it doesn't have the same amount of power and leverage. Personally, I would get both if that's an option. If not, are you loading .308 or smaller rifle? go with the partner, if you're loading bigger stuff with lots of body taper like .30-06 or above, go with the JR3. Pistol is about the same on both presses.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top