JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
OMG you'd be a fool to pass that up. I love mine. You can program them too so they trickle faster or slower.

Do not use bull's-eye. It has a weird shape grain, it can get in and clog the gears, in my case.

But you really don't need a powder dispenser for pistol powders. Just use a throw.

I calibrate my charge master every time I use it. I rely on it to get exactly the right grain to 10th of a grain and I shoot competitively and with my chargemaster I am competitive. A lot of the other guys don't trust it, I do.

One accessory you do want, is the little plastic pan with a funnel in the end. The brass pan and it comes with the scale gets messy. Meaning sometimes powder falls out of the side or things like that.

The plastic one is partially covered so it keeps the grains in, the built in funnel is very handy

I love my chargemaster they are well worth having.

I would recommend looking up 8541 tacticals modifications/settings adjustment for it. You will likely want to do the straw modification which is simple but other than that its a great option.

The big things to avoid are don't leave powder in it. You need to remove powder after ever use as the powder will damage the plastic if its left in long term (months) also the humidty isn't good for your powder. Other than that ensure you let it warm up prior to use and calibrate it before each reloading session and you should be good to go!

I bought one about a year ago and have been pleased with the machine for accuracy, I was checking the Chargemaster against a balance beam every few loads, but it has been so accurate I have backed off to once or twice in 50 rounds.

As mentioned above, stay away from Bullseye with it.... it took me a half hour to clean up the machine after I tried thato_O

I never leave powder in mine.., I hadn't heard that it would damage the plastic, and I can see how it might, but to me, it is just good practice to keep your powder sealed in jugs and not in a clear plastic tube on your bench... there's a reason all powders com in UV proof containers.:p

I've had one for two years now, and can't do without it . We have a reloading room at Clark Rifles that I use to ladder-test loads for my cast bullet rifles. The chargemaster makes the who process very simple and easy; I simply set mine up and start testing. One important tip: if the readings start to wander, rub the whole appliance down with an anti-static clothes dryer sheet to eliminate static and you're back in business.

We sure are lazy aren't we?

Just years ago I was beam weighing my loads then went to an RCBS scale and now a Hornady auto charge....

Lol... we do it to save money.. pfffff

Beneficial advice:
Turn unit on 10-15 minutes before use you can see a .3gr difference between warm and cold.

Ok, I just bought it. I went to Cabelas and they were on the shelf with a $379 price on them. I told the girl I could have sworn I seen them listed for $300. Turns out that was their online price so they honored it. Plus, I get a $75 rebate. If your on the fence, this might be a good time to make the move.

Can't recommend it enough. It is no exaggeration to say that obtaining a Chargemaster mad reloading a viable operation for me personally. Tricking and individually weighing charges or throwing charges with a measure I didn't trust would have driven me out of reloading entirely.

There
Can't recommend it enough. It is no exaggeration to say that obtaining a Chargemaster mad reloading a viable operation for me personally. Tricking and individually weighing charges or throwing charges with a measure I didn't trust would have driven me out of reloading entirely.

There are great throws. I only trust them for my pistols and FALs and ARs though. They're damned close but not target accurate

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top