JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Get on a map/google earth. Start at Seaside Oregon and look all the way North to the Columbia. ALL that beach will have razor clams, some places more, some less. There's a beach driving deadline, I believe at 10th in Gearheart. Check for sure. Other wise you drive the beach all the way to just South of the Columbia Jetty.
Google Maps

As far as crabbing. any bay has crabs. You should look on local towns websites for info. There are places that rent traps. Google is you're friend!

Does anyone have any tips for places to go razor clamming and crabbing on the oregon coast in april?

Check ODFW website, they have done a study of Clams harvested by clammers and mapped them. It is a great source on types and places to clam. Also check to make sure clamming is open due to toxins in the water.

I'll have to look more closely, Mrs Teflon said she read something about traces of radiation, presumably from Fukushima, in this year's OR/WA crab harvest. DAMMIT!!!

Hmmm, can you get a link for us? The only thing I read was regarding Cesium 134 which has a half life of 2 years...

Last December, Buesseler and his team said they had found a spike of cesium-134 off the coast of California — about 11 becquerels per cubic meter of water. Becquerels are a unit measuring radiation. Buesseler and his team reported finding about 10 becquerels per cubic meter of water 1,500 miles north of Hawaii. That was a level around twice as high as levels they had found on previous missions.

Then again, these levels are extremely small. To put 11 becquerels in perspective, a single dental X-ray would expose a person to 1,000 times more radiation than swimming in that water for an entire year, according to Buesseler. It is about 500 times lower than the U.S. government standard for safe drinking water.

Currently all of Oregon is closed to razor clamming due to domoic acid contamination. Washington beaches near Aberdeen are open, though Long Beach is not. Washington is not a free-for-all digging state. They set specific days and tides to dig. Check here;
Current Razor Clam Season Information | Washington Department of Fish & Wildlife
The Washington out-of-state license for razor clams is not expensive, and I believe the digging is better.
When Oregon is open we have had good luck at Sunset Beach between Seaside and Warrenton.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top