JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Not a good thing leaving the 10 year old to shoot without adult supervision. I hope the 9 year old fully recovers and that the parents have learned a valuable lesson. Kids don't always make the right choices (10 year old shooting close to where the 9 year old was playing, even if he was there first and 9 year old going to play close to where the 10 year old was shooting). Heck, even adults don't make good choices sometimes.

have learned a valuable lesson
Really? A valuable lesson? Like go take a timeout? These parents need all of their guns taken away and fined, I would say jail time but that would punish the children as well.
Isn't anyone else sick of these horrid parents? These people need to be punished harshly.

I like how the actual story is only about 2 paragraphs then the remaining is all about other kids who had accidents with guns, typical liberal media
I guess 5 children being shot in 5 months is a liberal media problem and not a horrible parent problem.

The more I see and read about how stupid a LOT of parents are I keep feeling that birth control should be mandatory for the lot of them.

I guess 5 children being shot in 5 months is a liberal media problem and not a horrible parent problem.

The more I see and read about how stupid a LOT of parents are I keep feeling that birth control should be mandatory for the lot of them.

yes you may feel that way but keep in mind that Oregon and Washington are blue states and when the people who make the state BLUE read these articles on their mac book pro's whilst sipping a starbucks they are going to blame the guns.

That is sad, You know it really amazes me that some people don't take guns seriously. When I was growing up my dad always stressed to the max "They're not a toy" and although it didn't make sense why he stressed so much when I was younger it really paid off when I grew up and started my own collection. I wish more people would take guns seriously!

I like how the actual story is only about 2 paragraphs then the remaining is all about other kids who had accidents with guns, typical liberal media

Trying to turn children being injured or killed into a political tactic is disgusting. Bringing such instances to light to expose ignorant and unfit parents is justifiable and commendable. unless you miss my point you are the one being political.

Kind of like leaving you car keys where the kids can find them and the 10 year old goes out a kills someone with the car. Parent should do jail time right? :s0114::s0112::s0114:
Possibly, it is called personal and parental responsibility. More people should learn what it means. If they did anything grossly negligent that allowed the kid to do it then they are responsible. Leaving a kid alone with a firearm is grossly negligent.

My son was involved in a little incident at a friends where one of the boys was slightly injured. The boy was not injured beyond a small welt from an airsoft gun but his hippie parents still freaked and rushed him to the emergency room where the doctor scolded them for wasting his time. Even though it was not my responsibility, since it happened on the other parents property with the other kids airsoft gun, I still accepted responsibility for any expenses incurred. Because I ended up paying a $200 co-pay my son gets to learn responsibility too. He is now working at a local community garden in Camas every Wednesday for 3 hours and I give him a credit towards his debt equal to minimum wage minus taxes (about $7/hr). he is now 7 weeks into what will be a 10 week run and he says he may keep doing it all summer just to help the charity that sponsors it.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top