JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm debating several holsters for a Glock 19. Already have a great beltman gun belt.

• Raven Concealment Phantom
  • Comp-Tac Minotaur
  • Crossbreed Supertuck

One thing I liked about the Minotaur is that you can tuck your shirt around the gun...not sure how much I'd really do that though. I do like the fact that I could switch out the kydex if I get a different gun...someday when the Glock Gen 7s come out :)

I like the Raven for its fabulous reviews. The Minotaur has a lot of self-customization (can adjust the cant, etc.)

Minotaur review: Review - Comp Tac Minotaur MTAC - Arkansas Armory Inc. - YouTube
Crossbreed: Crossbreed VS Comp-Tac Minatour - YouTube
Raven: The Raven Concealment Systems Phantom Kydex Holster - YouTube

I own a comp-tac & a crossbreed for a g19. you really can't go wrong with either. I like the metal clips of the crossbreed,they seem to hold firmer. but mine gets creaky & I have to give it some Neatsfoot oil every now & then. I like the ability to change out the bodies on the comp-tac, but the plastic belt clips are a little fragile. both are very comfortable for all day wear. FWIW I like my Milt Sparks VM2 better than either of them, but it's not for a g19, so it's not an apples to apples comparison.

I looked at the Comp-tac before choosing the Crossbreed as well. The Crossbreed seems more stable than the Comp-tac but both are nice holsters. I'm happy with my Crossbreed holster but wouldn't recommend their mag pouches - the leather on them is too big.

I have 2 Ravens and a Comp-tac. One Raven is for my G-35 with light and is only OWB. The other Raven is for my M&P9c with light and is OWB and IWB, and the Minotaur is IWB no light.

I really like my Raven G-35.

I am actually carrying my M&P Raven right now but it is not my favorite holster but fills a need. It was the only holster I could get for my gun with a light at the time. There might be new ones now. As IWB it is not bad. It is big enough that you do know it is there but not bad. It sits at a good level and is easy to draw and re-holster. As an OWB I can not find a spot I am real happy with. It sits a little higher then I like and I wish I could get a paddle for it.

The Comp-tac is by far my favorite and had it for almost a year before my Raven. This is the main holster I use but is without the light. It sits in just the right place for me. Is super comfortable, easy to conceal. I never tuck but it is an option. Been very happy with it.

I've only used a Comp-Tac Minotaur for my G36 EDC for the past five years, so I can't compare it with the others. Like you say, the adjustable cant is an important feature. I bought a second set of clips so I could have both black & brown, but I ended up leaving the brown ones on it all the time.

I do tuck in my shirt around it occasionally, and it does conceal well, but it's a trick to get it tucked tight.

It's very comfortable, since the leather has molded snugly to my arse after all these years. I have no plans to replace it.

My only gripe with my Comp-Tac is the price, which seemed awful high for just cow leather & Kydex.

My 229 rode in a Comp-tac for years before one of the mounting tabs broke off. They only offer a one year warranty so i thought i try something a little cheaper and with leather against the skin. I went with the stage two Old Faithful and for $32 and a little time it carries better than the Comp-tac in my opinion. They might be worth a look. https://oldfaithfulholsters.com/shop/category/hip-holsters/
Best of luck,

Funny...those Old Faithful holsters look almost exactly like the Crossbreed. Funny that they offer the DIY kits for really cheap.

I IWB a Glock 17 with a Comp-Tac without a problem. Using the velcro tabs and tucking the shirt around it makes it about as concealable as I can get and still carry a full size gun.

I bought one at shepherdsleather.com for 40 bucks. Texas company, wear it everyday and it seems to be fine. Will have to trim it some though for upholstering comfort, but overall a good IWB option.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top