JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Mostly I've missed every gun I've sold or traded away. I've given many away to family and friends and those I secretly count as still with me, so those are OK. I let a model 70 in 338 Win go for a reasonable price. I had jaw issues and the darn thing hurt to shoot. Three No. 1's have slipped through my hands and that still hurts. Sold 4 deer/elk rifles to Royd many years ago and I was broke on my azz at the time and the money helped. He was fair. Family and friends are gonna clean up when I go to the big range in the sky. Got them all ID'ed and my wife has the paper on who gets what.

I am planning on selling some of my firearms in the near future. In today's over supplied market, I'm expecting to take a loss on the sales. One way I am trying to make myself feel better about the loss is by estimating what it would have cost to rent the firearm vs buying it for the same period of time I have owned it.

Another way to look at the loss is how much did my ownership of the firearm cost per day. For example if I paid $300 for a rifle 5 years ago and sold it for $150. It cost me about 8 pennies a day to own the rifle. I doubt you could rent one for anywhere close to that.

Is renting a firearm by the month or year even an option in this country?

How do you make a loss on a firearm sale more palatable?

I buy low and sell high, or sell a gun that has so many rounds through it I consider it worn out.

trying to sell is like pulling teeth. Better to just find someone to trade for what you want.

there is also a pawn shop or take it to your LGS of choice and get in store credit for a future purchase. Think of it this way, by selling you are making a gun someone may want more affordable than paying full price in a shop.

Help those less fortunate get something better. Just don't fall victim to low ballers and sympathy stories who are gonna take it and flip it for more.

HUSTLIN!

I only sell firearms if I have another in mind for purchase, and use the proceeds to that end. Currently I'm having an internal debate as to whether or not I should list a lightly used lcp, firstly, because I understand I will not get a full ROI, and secondly, because while I don't often carry it any longer, it still serves a purpose as the most concealable firearm I own.

trying to sell is like pulling teeth. Better to just find someone to trade for what you want.

there is also a pawn shop or take it to your LGS of choice and get in store credit for a future purchase. Think of it this way, by selling you are making a gun someone may want more affordable than paying full price in a shop.

Help those less fortunate get something better. Just don't fall victim to low ballers and sympathy stories who are gonna take it and flip it for more.

HUSTLIN!

Again, I sell low. I like to see Glocks in the hands of as many as possible. :D

Like buying a new car, lose 5 grand as soon as you sign the contract..stinks, but it is what it is.if you take a loss on a gun but ended up with something you really like then your good.

And as soon as I get a G45, my Gen 5 19 will be up for sale at a price so low I can't say it here. :s0140:

Who says people on a budget can't own a quality firearm? Just wait for the most hated mod on NWFA to list one!

Again, I sell low. I like to see Glocks in the hands of as many as possible. :D

Tell me about it. Took ages to move a SIG which I thought people would go gaga over especially in USA's caliber 45 god bless.
The FNX9 which I always hear from people YOUR SELLING A FN GUN ARE YOU CRAZY??!! hasn't moved in like a couple years now.

Have I been getting lied to this whole time? I am more for what feels nice to me and meets my needs tbh. And that happens to be Glock/M&P (XD newly added)

The other thing i'd add is that I usually try to make my price competitive by going and looking at other sites like sportsmans/palmeto/gunbroker/buds/grabagun etc.

Then I usually sell about $10-20 under what the lowest or special selling price is listed at. Still get messages saying "well for those not in the know" and a posted link which usually contains a price about $5 - 10 higher than what I have listed. Also gotta remember prices fluctuate all over the place so its hard to keep up. Just like with ammo prices cuz brass.

My wife was poking around in the safe and popped her head out and said "do you realize you have 26 handguns"?!
I said nope, I have 27, your not counting the one on my hip...:s0139::D:s0121:

My wife was poking around in the safe and popped her head out and said "do you realize you have 26 handguns"?!
I said nope, I have 27, your not counting the one on my hip...:s0139::D:s0121:

Too funny!

Whenever the safe is open, and my wife is around, she'll look in and just shake her head and walk away. :s0114:

I buy because I want.
Not to sell, or make a profit.
Not to pass to my relatives, cause they're all as crooked (or worse) than me.
If I buy something I don't shoot or happen to lose interest in, doesn't matter.
When I kick, I can't take anything I like, so for now, "Get off my lawn"
If my kids end up fighting over what's left after I'm dead, welcome aboard. I had to fight with my psycho siblings too, even though my parents gave it/them to me.
I don't sell. I HOARD.
What "I" like

Thankfully, my bride takes it all in stride :D

Wait for the next Democrat to get elected and then wish you had bought when prices were cheap.

Unfortunately, they're already running the State of Washington. Our Attorney General has announced his gun control agenda. It might trigger a few more sales, but more likely it will simply amplify the stockpiling that is already underway.

Bob [born in Columbia, SC]

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads