JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
This rare beauty was built just before semi-autos came to dethrone the revolver as the police duty pistol of choice throughout the US. This particular model is in it's completely original finish and format save for the Pachmayr grip it's wearing. Those of you familiar with Smith and Wessons know that their pre-dash models can be difficult to find and will only become more difficult over time. Those of you very familiar with the history of S&Ws also know that this model and a few others had an M modification they made early on in their design and that a pre-m is virtually impossible to find.
small1.jpg
small2.jpg
small3.jpg
small4.jpg
It's pretty easy to find a pre-dash in 85% condition that goes for near $500. This item is probably about a 95% and is not only a pre-dash but a pre-m and still has a bright shining bore with sharp rifling. For the right deal I will throw in several speed loaders as well as some .38 special ammo, and maybe some other stuff I could rustle up. I'm trading this since I feel like it's more valuable to a collector where as I am simply an enthusiast.

I'm looking to trade this, face-to-face in Oregon, for guns or gun stuff. For those interested in straight purchases price is now $700. Please feel free to contact me with offers.

I'm a newbie and this is only my second post so please exercise patience if I have trouble with my lack of familiarity with this site. I do my best to be reasonable and cordial and request you do the same.

small1.jpg

small2.jpg

small3.jpg

small4.jpg

Last Edited:
Being "Pre-M" doesn't make this gun any more desirable. All that stamp signifies is that the gun was sent back to S&W to fix a potential misfire/hangup issue. It's also not rare.

I request that all persons interested in this item read the forum rules (namely section 14.1) and abide by them as I have striven to do.

I also invite anyone to do their own research and contact me with any questions. It's no "Registered Magnum," but I assure you that you won't find many of these.

Interested in trades of any kind and straight purchases.

:huh:
This rare beauty was built just before semi-autos came to dethrone the revolver as the police duty pistol of choice throughout the US. This particular model is in it's completely original finish and format save for the Pachmayr grip it's wearing. Those of you familiar with Smith and Wessons know that their pre-dash models can be difficult to find and will only become more difficult over time. Those of you very familiar with the history of S&Ws also know that this model and a few others had an M modification they made early on in their design and that a pre-m is virtually impossible to find.
View attachment 45158
View attachment 45159
View attachment 45160
View attachment 45161
It's pretty easy to find a pre-dash in 85% condition that goes for near $500. This item is probably about a 95% and is not only a pre-dash but a pre-m and still has a bright shining bore with sharp rifling. For the right deal I will throw in several speed loaders as well as some .38 special ammo, and maybe some other stuff I could rustle up. I'm trading this since I feel like it's more valuable to a collector where as I am simply an enthusiast.

I'm looking to trade this, face-to-face in Oregon, for high quality semi-auto pistols (recently took a shining to HKs) and large caliber semi-auto rifles (like a PTR-91) but send me any offers you'd like as the worst I can do is say no.

I'm a newbie and this is only my second post so please exercise patience if I have trouble with my lack of familiarity with this site.

All PMs responded to but no deals yet, generated some interest at the gun show but had to leave early. Looking for trades of a

Good luck finding one of these anywhere else!

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.