JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Im not an AR guy, exactly how are these rare? perhaps, how many were made? is the FDE why they're rare?

and this is for just the two stripped lowers?

yes...these were a very limited run in FDE and Olive drab...and I believe only offered to JC Weaponry. The finish is from the same factory which anodizes Leupold/Trijicon/EOtech's FDE...you can Google them and see how limited the run was...

Do so at your own risk. if they weren't logged as pistol lowers by the manufacturer, then they're rifle lowers... read the law.

You can build a pistol off a stripped lower if it was transferred as a "receiver". Which it should have been. If it hasn't been built into anything, it is neither pistol or rifle.

You can build a pistol off a stripped lower if it was transferred as a "receiver". Which it should have been. If it hasn't been built into anything, it is neither pistol or rifle.

Yeah, and you'd probably be OK providing the BATF wasn't willing to split hairs in court, or wasn't pissed off at you for something else.

The only safe way to build a "defensible" pistol is to start with a lower stamped "pistol", that has never been built as a rifle.

Read the law. if you don't have a lot of experience with that sort of thing get someone who does to interpret it for you before dispensing legal advice

I don't mean to preach, but this a commonly misread reg that mostly is loosely enforced, but............

Yeah, and you'd probably be OK providing the BATF wasn't willing to split hairs in court, or wasn't pissed off at you for something else.

The only safe way to build a "defensible" pistol is to start with a lower stamped "pistol", that has never been built as a rifle.

Read the law. if you don't have a lot of experience with that sort of thing get someone who does to interpret it for you before dispensing legal advice

I don't mean to preach, but this a commonly misread reg that mostly is loosely enforced, but............

One little word engraved on the side is not a defense, photographic documentation of your build can be.

That's not true, do 1911's say pistol on the side?

The Form 4473 has had an option for "Receiver" for some time now so these lowers are neither Pistol nor Rifle.

As for the "commonly misread reg that mostly is loosely enforced" please post it and we can all see.

Yes, when this was transfered, it was literally called in as a "receiver" and when my FFL referenced to the person on the other end (the state) it was logged as "multicaliber" (never referenced as 5.56, 6.8, .22,9mm...etc). So not to point fingers but someone here is wrong in a sense. But as it stands currently (unbuilt) it's neither a pistol or rifle...it's a paper weight for all I'm concerned, until its fully built and called in to register its final caliber. Say what you say but I'm not holding anyones hands in court nor I doubt that the Feds will invest that much time and financial resources to split hairs on this...unless as stated prior, they had more mounting evidence to build a case on...but all in all, I'm not trying to turn this post into a discussion, I'm just trying to sell the receivers to whom ever plans on doing the resource on their own....

Yes, when this was transfered, it was literally called in as a "receiver" and when my FFL referenced to the person on the other end (the state) it was logged as "multicaliber" (never referenced as 5.56, 6.8, .22,9mm...etc). So not to point fingers but someone here is wrong in a sense. But as it stands currently (unbuilt) it's neither a pistol or rifle...it's a paper weight for all I'm concerned, until its fully built and called in to register its final caliber. Say what you say but I'm not holding anyones hands in court nor I doubt that the Feds will invest that much time and financial resources to split hairs on this...unless as stated prior, they had more mounting evidence to build a case on...but all in all, I'm not trying to turn this post into a discussion, I'm just trying to sell the receivers to whom ever plans on doing the resource on their own....

FWIW, the caliber (or Multicaliber) doesn't have anything to do with wether it's a rifle, pistol or bare receiver. Not trying to turn your thread into a discussion (anymore than it is already, anyway) but thought this might be useful info to a potential buyer.:s0155:

Oh, yeah. Take your YouTube video right into court with you. That'll prove at at a minimum you were ignorant of the law, and we all know how well that holds up...

Show me this law you keep speaking of.

ETA:

Why don't we move this out of the sale ad, my apologies to the seller!

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top