JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
know what's really funny...

A lot of gun shops get 22lr ammo in and instead of putting it on the shelf for their customers to buy, they lie to people and say they either sold out or haven't gotten any in, and then they sell it on a website they made at 3x the cost because some people will pay it.

Shady if you ask me, but they are making a killing on it. If their customers catch them doing it though they will lose said customers and get a bad name for ripping people off. (which is why they won't do it in their store front, or they would have pissed off customers)

I overheard the guy at Wallyworld say they get 30 bricks in several times a week and they are gone within 15 minutes each time. It doesn't seem like it can go on like this forever but here we are 15 months later and no end in sight. Oh well, my minimum resupply point of .22 is more than most people have and I can still shoot 7.62x39 which is cheap and plentiful.

Dear 40calruler,
PLease insert paragraphs so that I and others can enjoy reading your posts.
Come up for air:) every once in a while.

Thanx

I hear you. I do just hammer out a response and hit post in here without any concern of spelling, proper punctuation, or grammar. Rereading I can see what you mean. I will take a little more time as I should so I can get my point across in a much more clear fashion.
At times I am annoyed and just hammer it out on my phone and hit post. I can see how that can be annoying to those trying to understand my point.

I overheard the guy at Wallyworld say they get 30 bricks in several times a week and they are gone within 15 minutes each time. It doesn't seem like it can go on like this forever but here we are 15 months later and no end in sight. Oh well, my minimum resupply point of .22 is more than most people have and I can still shoot 7.62x39 which is cheap and plentiful.

Yeah, I need to resupply too... These damn 22lr's are hungry! :s0114:

20140306_180400_zpsfe6dab07.jpg

all federal bulk on the left which is what is left from late 2012. due to the scarceness of 22lr in 2013 I rarely shot the 22's at all. Finally started getting some ammo in again this year shown on the right, however 3/4 of the subsonics and about 100cci rounds I had since 2012 as well.

that can on the left used to be almost full of federal 22lr bulk ammo. what's left in there is still 1500-2000rds. nowhere near what it used to be :(

sold some to friends for cost during the drought. Sucks that it is so hard to come by these days, but it is what it is. Get what you can when you can.

I honestly stopped looking. I have about 3000 rounds and that's enough for now. That is not to say if I do happen upon a brick or two that I'll gladly scoop it up.

Does $35.00 for a 500 rd brick of Federal Gold Medal Target .22lr ammo seem overpriced?
Not in the current market, in my opinion. Would I pay that for it? Not at this time, but check back in year or two
and I might feel differently. It will be interesting to see what unfolds in the next 6 months, rimfire ammo wise.

I heard from a gal at the register today at Bi-Mart why 22 is so scarce. ( Not a person that worked the gun counter ). When she asked me if I found everything that I was looking for I said no, I did not find any 22.

No lie, she said " I heard the reason they are not selling much of that anymore is they found out that the 22 was the only bullets that go through bullet proof vests"...........WHERE DO PEOPLE COME UP WITH THIS STUFF???????

I heard from a gal at the register today at Bi-Mart why 22 is so scarce. ( Not a person that worked the gun counter ). When she asked me if I found everything that I was looking for I said no, I did not find any 22.

No lie, she said " I heard the reason they are not selling much of that anymore is they found out that the 22 was the only bullets that go through bullet proof vests"...........WHERE DO PEOPLE COME UP WITH THIS STUFF???????

You have got to be kidding me. WTF!! I am going to have to google that now, that is the craziest thing I have heard in a long while. Thanks for the laugh

You have got to be kidding me. WTF!! I am going to have to google that now, that is the craziest thing I have heard in a long while. Thanks for the laugh

Just looking at Frontline Arms ballistic plastic target and seeing the 22lr barely enter compared to every other round going 3-4 inches in I would say that is as far off as it gets.

AAAAAHAHAHAHAHA! :s0114:

You should ask her: "Well if that is the case, then why is .50BMG so plentiful?"

Dammit I almost went in today as I drove by at 7:45
You'll have another chance tomorrow. Their system shows Federal 550-rd and Winchester 333-rd packs in stock as of 8PM tonight, so should be on the shelves by the morning.

Looks like Sports Authority sometimes does get it in and has it put to the shelf, but here's how it can disappear so fast.

http://gunrunnerhell.tumblr.com/post/57912546148

This was put up not too long ago. Shop is in Hillsboro near the airport. Hints of availability dropped now and then on their facebook page. It's sometimes in the background.

that's a good deal if you are local to them.

just under $0.08/rd for mini-mags.

about the same that I paid for my mini mags. I got 5x 100rd trays from natchez about a month ago for $7.99/ea so that is a better deal yet except for the limit of 1 box per customer... natchez limit was 500rds per customer

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top