JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Bought an XDM compact from them in December. Good price, good service and I even got to play with an XDM that had a modified trigger they sell. They're fast except when they're holding for the Oregon background check to answer. I will be using them again.

Bought a gun there today for my kids...........ya, my kids............great deal.
Mossberg 46A .22 target rifle made in 1937.

There were other great deals there I wanted to buy, but not enough moola to get them all.

Stocking dealer for Glock and Springfield. He always has the best price on XD/XDMs.

hah, can't believe I passed this shop every time I go to Mt.Hood. How big is the store? Worth of stopping by? Seems like Internet doesn't show much of it.

You go even closer than the address they have here when going to Mt. Hood. They're in the complex by the Ace hardware between Proctor and Pioneer. The address listed is 39120 SE Proctor Blvd Sandy, OR 97055.

The store isn't huge. I think they stock the entire line of Springfield XD/XDM handguns. They have a bit of other stuff too. I've liked some of the deals on rifles there too but never bought one. I've gone there a couple times and there's been more there each time. I think it's worth going there. Nice people there too.

They get a :s0155: from me. Brian tried several times to order a newly introduced, hard to find Seecamp clone for me. We gave up and ordered one from Buds Guns instead, the transfer was fast and easy.

Thanks fellas.

Another :s0155: for Buds Guns btw. They sent me 11 emails documenting every stage of the order and shipping.

Stopped by today and had them do some minor gunsmith work on one of my plinkers. Very friendly people and they don't make you feel uncomfortable like some other places *cough*Wholesale Sports *cough*. I don't know who the owner was but they were each very upfront and friendly. Definitely worth the drive for me. Also, from looking around I noticed that you would get better deals if you bring cash. Highly recommend and A+ from me.

Been meaning to go there for quite a while. Finally got the time today. Boy am I ever glad I did.

Stepped inside, and was immediately greeted by friendly folks. "How are you doing?", "Can I show you anything?", "Take your time", etc... All friendly and polite. Wasn't a large store, but they had interesting stuff, and clean and organized displays.

Didn't really have anything in mind to purchase, but always like to check out new places. A number of customers came and went, and the banter was relaxed and friendly. I finally introduced myself, and the person I was talking to the most introduced himself as Brian. Very friendly, knowledgeable, and easy going. We shot the breeze for quite a while.

Just when I thought I could escape without spending a penny, I spotted the rifle rack in the middle. I looked all around it, and noticed a shotgun that looked interesting. Not having a shotgun of my own, I took further interest in it. It was a Mossberg 590A1 in excellent condition. I mentioned it to Brian, and he told me some of the features of it that made it a really good deal.

So I was debating with myself whether or not to get it, when Brian sweetened the deal a bit (I won't go into specifics about the actual deal). So I came back with a counter offer, and to my surprise, Brian finally agreed. Needless to say, I felt like Brian was on my side, wanting me to be as pleased as possible.

After a quick background check, and of course the money exchange, I walked out of there with a new-to-me shotgun, and two boxes of shells.

I have no reservations at all in recommending Rapid Fire Arms as a place to purchase a gun. Or just to hang out and fondle some guns you may not have yet. For me it was both a Ruger SR1911, and a FN 5.7. They had both in stock when I left.

I want to thank not only Brian, but the 3 other people behind the counter. They were all friendly and polite. And even put up with my weird sense of humor.

I have a new gun shop now. If only they were closer to me. :)

A big +1 for Rapid Fire. I bought several guns from them this year, the last was a used Marlin 1894 .44 mag/spl. Friendly prompt service, good prices, good selection. They have a fast turnover on used guns, so I stop in about once/week. Some really good deal.
Sq

Yes, the store is small, but that's a plus, you're going to be talking to the owner Brian.
He has gone out of his way to help me several times, I really enjoy the personal service you get there.

I just want to add something about this place that I should have mentioned in my previous review. About a year or so ago, I brought in an Armalite AR-180B that I wanted to install a quad rail (which I already had purchased) on. The problem was, I needed to remove the flash hider to remove the front sight, which was connected to the upper hand guard holder (for lack of a better term). The problem was, the flash hider appeared to be pin welded into the barrel. Since the barrel was ALREADY short (i'm talkin' close to the legal limit) they said they would not be able to cut it off and re-thread otherwise i'd be in SBR territory. I was originally looking at around a $200 gunsmithing job which Brian negotiated with me a bit on. After leaving the rifle there for the weekend to try and remove the flash hider, Brian gave me a call and told me they tried but could not remove the flash hider and didn't want to risk cutting the flash hider off due to SBR rules. Even though they put some time into it, he did not charge me a dime and I took my rifle home. The next day, I take a good look at the flash hider and notice that it actually started twisting and what do you know? After a while, I was actually able to twist off the flash hider and get my quad rail on myself. I don't know if this was a treat or if i'm just lucky. Regardless, it is awesome how honest they always are and never charge you a "just because" fee that other gunshops were trying to for just looking at it. I wish Rapid Fire Arms the best and I need to make another trip out there.

I wondered what you did with the 180... What more we even cranked on the flash hider pretty good just to make sure it was not just twisted on. It didnt budge at all. I am going to go with we just broke it loose for you then. I am glad you were able to get it done how you liked. Customer service is still our goal number one.

They're the closest gun shop to me being out here on Mt Hood. I wasn't overly happy with them at first... but with all the gun craze going on right now their ammo prices are in line with everyone else, their guns are all in line... in general they are nice and knowledgeable. I wasn't blown away by any amazing deals on anything but overall, they have good service, they are nice, and they are knowledgeable.

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.