JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Leupold employs serial number tracking for all its riflescopes, so if a customer finds a scope that is suspect, he or she can simply write down the serial number and call 1-800-LEUPOLD to confirm if it is indeed authentic.

Seems like this is the info to start spreading around, a simple phone call will tell you. Then whom do you call after that? Would the police care that someone was trying to rip people off?

Personally I would never buy something as potentially problematic as a scope new or used from anyone on Ebay or CL unless I have used the scope and know it functions ok otherwise having it repaired or replaced might be a problem (with the exception of Leupold with their lifetime warranty) and even with that sending it off and waiting for the turnaround may more than I would want to deal with on new purchase.

I did a crazy post once on CL.

I posted a ficticious phone (iPhone 4).

In the ad I clearly stated that I took it in trade for some "greens" and that I didn't want the phone etc....

Never got flagged. Crazy how that works.

Then again, I was selling a scope and it was flagged. Why? I guess they didn't like the picture of the entire gun on there.

Hippies taste best cleaned and deep fried.

Craigslist is in the vast majority policed by the users, there are in general no mods or management regulating the adverts.

All the owners of Craigslist do to regulate the flagging is set tolerance limits on how many times a post has to be flagged in a category before it gets automatically pulled.

Certain posts are flag-bait (ESPECIALLY folks that put in the title of their post "Please don't flag this ad" :s0112:), and each city's Craigslist will have varying results on how long a post will last in each category.

If your legit ads get removed often, then look at the Craigslist FAQs to see what you might be doing that is p**sing off enough browsers to flag your ad.

If (as it seems from the thread) the OP is posting fraudulent junk and is getting flagged, then Craigslist seems to be policing itself just as it should, hmmm?

is being broken every time some one buys a knockoff for resale. It is illegal to own, possess or sell a knock off whether you know its a knock off or not. You need to contact a Federal Marshall and get the importer checked out.

They need to get busy and check out the Christmas Bazaar that was last month. Lots of knock offs there. A couple years ago we had a booth next to a seller that was selling COACH handbags for $30 or so. Yah, right. those are REAL COACH bags!!

----------------------------------------------------------

The "Trade Rating" is low by 3
Not everyone posts it I guess.

Deen
NRA Benefactor/Recruiter
WAC member
SWWAC member

Just because they do not allow guns to be sold? I know of several pro-gun forums that do not allow guns to be sold and I have never seen this level of criticism.

It's a Craigslist rule but the flaggers are the real problem. Last week I posted an advert inviting people to come tour my chainsaw art display. Some one decided to flag it. To the best of my knowledge Craigslist does not object to art displays.

I reposted the ad immediately and after several flag and repost incidents, the flagger emailed a message to me which sounded like a threat and, as always, gave me his email address. From that I got his name, business address, and phone number which I posted in the Rants and Raves section asking if I should report him to the police for the threat.

He doesn't talk to me any more :(

It's a Craigslist rule but the flaggers are the real problem. Last week I posted an advert inviting people to come tour my chainsaw art display. Some one decided to flag it. To the best of my knowledge Craigslist does not object to art displays.

I reposted the ad immediately and after several flag and repost incidents, the flagger emailed a message to me which sounded like a threat and, as always, gave me his email address. From that I got his name, business address, and phone number which I posted in the Rants and Raves section asking if I should report him to the police for the threat.

He doesn't talk to me any more :(

what could he have possibly found objectionable about chainsaw art?

what could he have possibly found objectionable about chainsaw art?

He didn't say... Guess he spent too much effort thinking about which body parts to call me.

To me, a determined Craigslist flagger is just another person for me to use my "oldest brother powers" against. I get entertainment, he get's an ulcer. It's win / win :D

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top