JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I just posted a for sale on Craigslist and they killed it because it was for a scope and that is "firearm related" according to these idiots. Fortunately I got all three of them sold before they kicked me off. I had made one heck of a good buy on some Leupold 4.5X14 Mark 4 scopes and listed them on CR for $350 and they are sold now. I will be buying some more of them and I guess I'll list them here on NW Firearms. Craigslist Sucks Pond Scum.

i'm gonna guess you're getting flagged because people think it's a scam, not because its firearm related.

how exactly are you getting $1500 scopes for cheap enough to make a profit at $350?

Craigslist Sucks Pond Scum.
Just because they do not allow guns to be sold? I know of several pro-gun forums that do not allow guns to be sold and I have never seen this level of criticism. Good or bad Craig's List 'is what it is' and it is very effective (and free). I have bought and sold many items hassle free. Just sold a Harley two weeks ago through CL.

so seriously, OP... are you going to address the fact that you're selling counterfeit scopes?

i really dont see how any other conversation can occur unless and until.

I have seen scopes on CL that did not get flagged. I guess California laws control the CL firearms policy. I have bought several guns off CL but you have to be quick!

As one whose product was recently knocked off by an offshore, probably Chinese, no-name outfit, this is disgusting.

I've been borderline militant about buying Chinese for a few deacade now, anyway. Probably costs me thousands of dollars a year, and yes-- sometimes there is no choice or no control over it.

But given the choice, why would I buy a product when I know part of that money is going to be shot at our guys in the GWOT, or go into a ballistic-missile test launch off our coast that probably had "LA or bust" painted on the side?

Never mind the consistantly ridiculously low quality.

Disgusting.

As one whose product was recently knocked off by an offshore, probably Chinese, no-name outfit, this is disgusting.

I've been borderline militant about buying Chinese for a few deacade now, anyway. Probably costs me thousands of dollars a year, and yes-- sometimes there is no choice or no control over it.

But given the choice, why would I buy a product when I know part of that money is going to be shot at our guys in the GWOT, or go into a ballistic-missile test launch off our coast that probably had "LA or bust" painted on the side?

Never mind the consistantly ridiculously low quality.

Disgusting.

which product?? MOACKS?

No.... not yet.

Talking about Frag grips for the 1911 as made by VZ Grips. They are a collaboration between John VanZyke and me. Some outfit has blatantly copied them-- a site where there is no address given, no individual's name..... and he has the gall to offer a reward for info on anyone copying his designs. The webite is hosted offshore. I looked at a set of the knockoffs and they are.... crappy.

A few months ago though, I had a cryptic inquiry from Singapore for 20 MOACKS. I was not about to fill that order-- it came from a Hotmail account and what little info there was, referred to a Chinese company. I figured they wanted 20 of them so they could send them around to every Mom and Pop shop to find the lowest bidder.

My point was these scopes are fakes. The MODS were on this like a dog on a bone. The add was locked and we will not see any 350.00 Mark 4 scopes. This is not about Craigslist, this is about a person trying to screw us.

Funny, no response from mpmarty?

So, mpmarty, do you "suck pond scum" (to use your vernacular) or were you just an innocent victim who thought he was getting a $1700 scope for $84.17... and reselling for $350?

I've dealt with mpmarty (bought a Rem 870 FTF) and he is an stand up guy. I would think that he might have been taken in by the cheap "Leupolds" and figured he was passing a great deal on. It happens to the best of people.

Wow. Talk about reversal of fortune. There's nothing like going from complaining about pond scum to becoming the poster child. Any time the price is to good to be true, it probably has a red flag attached to it somewhere.

Back to craigslist for a quick second: put your contact information in the title, When the add get flagged the title stays for quite a while, example: sp101 for sale "555-555-5555".

when your add get flaged knowone can open it, but you can still read the title, know what is for sale and contact the seller.

I've dealt with mpmarty (bought a Rem 870 FTF) and he is an stand up guy. I would think that he might have been taken in by the cheap "Leupolds" and figured he was passing a great deal on. It happens to the best of people.

You can't believe that can you? Thats like saying I have new Bushmasters for $100 each as I got a good deal on them.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top