JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Before ranting about the classified section. Maybe try doing a deal or two with other members. @Sweep1308
I see you are all 0/0/0.
Nothing gained. Nothing lost.
Try posting your sh!t for sale for a couple years. Get burned, or make some good friends, by meeting up in person.
Sometimes you get a score. Sometimes you lose a few bucks. It should even out in the end.

Before ranting about the classified section. Maybe try doing a deal or two with other members. @Sweep1308
I see you are all 0/0/0.
Try posting your sh!t for sale for a couple years. Get burned, or make some good friends, by meeting up in person.
Sometimes you get a score. Sometimes you lose a few bucks. It should even out in the end.
I believe this is yours d571%2f1483052145172%2fYour-golden-ticket-1024x576.jpg

I see you are all 0/0/0.
This.
The good things in life are always worth playing the long game.

Or , it's my hobby, not a business.

Again, back to the tiered privilege method. I'm appalled by the seniority and whomever pays more money gets a more meaningful opinion rhetoric
What I have learned: 1. It is good not to reply to certain threads. 2. It can be even better not to read them. 3. Prudence is served when one skips a chance to take an easy shot. 4. I have never been the supervisor early in my career. 5. I have experienced "you get what you pay for." To quote solv3nt:
We're more teasing you for complaining about a site that you're not supporting regarding a pointless topic.
That said, on a more serious note, what firearm PAC do you support? If the answer is "none" it may be time to revaluate the finger pointing....
After disagreeable interactions, I have taken a break from each and every forum (about a dozen) I have been active on in the past 15 years. "I" need a time out. NOT saying you do, but we are all on the same side; times are worrisome and wearying; passions will flare and discretion is indeed the better part of valor.

Last Edited:
I literally just listed a gun for sale and itemized it like OP said 😬

Oh well
I like it when sellers itemize what they paid originally for gun modifications and accessories. Some or most may be of no value to me, but sometimes some are things I would be willing to pay a bit more for. (Such as replacement springs in Ruger DA revolvers to lighten the trigger pulls.) Such lists also just help me learn about how guns of that make and model are tricked out and what it costs. It also helps justify why the seller is offering a used gun at above the usual new price. Often times these lists represent a gun that has been modified in the logical well-known ways to address known weaknesses of that gun, and might save someone a lot of time and hassle if he wants the same or similar modifications. If I dont want the spendy holster or grips, the list suggests how much less I might offer, given that those could be sold separately. Some sellers are in no hurry and might be willing to wait until someone comes along who likes all the modifications and accessories. If the seller is in a hurry, he can try getting something for the accessories and modifications initially and lower the price if it doesn't sell. The classifieds are just offers, not completed deals. Highly modified or accessorized guns are harder to evaluate than stock guns. The lists can help arrive at finished deals. In general, I figure the more info the better. If I don't care about some of the info I just skip that part.

He was being sarcastic in saying that people that actually pay for the site don't complain.
I can't say that I've seen particular members, supporting or not, complain about the lists of modifications and accessories with prices. They sure complain about plenty else in the classifieds. Over and over. Especially high prices. OP was at least more original.

As for a certain amount of evaluating of fellow members based upon info such as how long the poster has been in NWFA, whether they have contributed to the community with seriously helpful posts, or by supporting the community financially or serving as moderators....well, of course we do. Every group of humans I've been in does that sort of thing.

Nevertheless, the Classified section is allowed to operate independently, with participants not being required to post at all or support the community in any way. I think that's okay. Some people are interested in talking about guns, sharing what they know, or learning from others. Some are interested in buying and selling only. Its all good. Many who come for free access to Classifieds stay and participate fully. I'm happy to not be reading posts that someone wrote only because there was an arbitrary requirement to post a certain number of posts in order to use the Classifieds.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top