JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey all, new to the forum. I just joined to try and get some info on this Ransom Omni rifle rest I inherited.

I do shoot and reload, but not at the level that this rest would serve. I would like to sell it, but I don't know what it is worth. New ones go for around $650 to $800 I've had an offer of $275, but I think it's worth more. The rest is a Ransom Omni rifle rest. This Omni Rest has a windage adjustment, which I'm told isn't always the case. In any case, it's been well taken care of, and I think it's got some nostalgic value as well. I've included images below of the case, rest and all the other pieces that were with it.

20221205_130354.jpg 20221205_130400.jpg 20221205_130406.jpg 20221205_130425.jpg

Last Edited:
Hey all, new to the forum. I just joined to try and get some info on this Ransom Omni rifle rest I inherited.

I do shoot and reload, but not at the level that this rest would serve. I would like to sell it, but I don't know what it is worth. New ones go for around $650 to $800 I've had an offer of $275, but I think it's worth more. The rest is a Ransom Omni rifle rest. This Omni Rest has a windage adjustment, which I'm told isn't always the case. In any case, it's been well taken care of, and I think it's got some nostalgic value as well. I've included images below of the case, rest and all the other pieces that were with it.

View attachment 1324800 View attachment 1324801 View attachment 1324802 View attachment 1324803
It's worth $280 to the right person so you made a wise decision.

One post and living in Missouri may be problematic.
How so? What is it with this forum? Do you guys not like new members? So far I've received a smart-bubblegum answer to what I thought was a legitimate question about a rifle rest and an accusation of being a problem of some kind. I felt more welcome wearing a MAGA hat in Ferguson, MO.

I can only speak for myself. I like to see participation from a member here before I send money to a stranger halfway across the country. I doubt if there is much risk dealing with you, but I have been screwed more than once.

How so? What is it with this forum? Do you guys not like new members? So far I've received a smart-bubblegum answer to what I thought was a legitimate question about a rifle rest and an accusation of being a problem of some kind. I felt more welcome wearing a MAGA hat in Ferguson, MO.
Put it in the freaking classifieds for whatever you want.

Welcome to NWFA, and sorry things have started off on the wrong foot

It's a bit of a red flag to many for a member to put something up for sale, especially if they live in a different region of the country. I'm sure you can see how that could be an issue.

Please put your Ransom rest up for sale in the classifieds section here: https://www.northwestfirearms.com/classifieds/parts/

Other than that most folks here are pretty awesome and we look forward to getting to know you.

As said above, this is more of a regional site so a post from Missouri selling an item might/might not seem suspicious. However, IMO, the biggest problem is shipping on such a heavy and large item is going to be expensive- probably very expensive with the new USPS and UPS tariffs on size/weight ....

Looking at the pictures I can see it is in good shape but has had substantial use. I would think about half of new cost would be about the right offer for a piece in used condition like this unit... sorry if it isn't what you wanted to hear.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top