JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I searched but didn't find any threads on this. All indicators to me are scam, but wondering if anyone ever pulled the trigger to try them out. Prices are 2019-ish and free shipping over $100. When checking out they want to be paid with bitcoin or gift cards which is my primary reason for assuming this is a scam but the prices and the fact that the storefront looks like the sign is photoshopped is another indicator....

All good reasons to look elsewhere first. It's a good rule of thumb to avoid paying with bitcoin or giftcards in most cases. Sounds like it's being run out of the back of van down by the river.

One thing you can do is search for reviews on the website. In this case "raniersec review" or "raniersec.com review". Then I usually repeat with "scam" and "complaint". All I got on this one was that it is a very new site with little traffic. I don't do business with a company that I can't find a review on, and the above searches will find reviews on gun boards if there are any. No credit cards, like you said, is a huge red flag.

Should I pull the trigger on this? They'll send it straight to my address!

sp5 ammo.JPG

In all seriousness, there are a LOT of this type of site popping up. Superficially slick looking and bogus as hell. The site mentioned in this thread (not the pic I posted):

"We accept only Bitcoin , Vanilla Gift Cards and Amazon Gift Card."

Has hundreds thousands of guns and ammo "available" and you have to enter your email address to put something in your cart

Wants to chat right now!

Has a name suspiciously like a legit seller.

Just a few of the flags! Don't touch!

Do not purchase anything from Raniersec. Made this mistake. They make you buy a Vanilla gift card or use Bitcoin to pay. They then went shopping at Nordstrom with the Vanilla gift card I used to pay for my purchase. Due to how they make you pay (which is a smart scam) getting your money back will be hard. Luckily they only used $22 at Nordstrom before I blocked the card. I knew the prices seemed too good to be true and as the saying goes "if it seems too good to be true it probably isn't".

Do not purchase anything from Raniersec. Made this mistake. They make you buy a Vanilla gift card or use Bitcoin to pay. They then went shopping at Nordstrom with the Vanilla gift card I used to pay for my purchase. Due to how they make you pay (which is a smart scam) getting your money back will be hard. Luckily they only used $22 at Nordstrom before I blocked the card. I knew the prices seemed too good to be true and as the saying goes "if it seems too good to be true it probably isn't".
Welcome to the site. Sorry it's under these terms. Glad they didn't take all your $$. There's a ton of sneaky bastages out there looking for a quick buck off the backs of hard working people. It's a good time to take advantage of it.

I searched but didn't find any threads on this. All indicators to me are scam, but wondering if anyone ever pulled the trigger to try them out. Prices are 2019-ish and free shipping over $100. When checking out they want to be paid with bitcoin or gift cards which is my primary reason for assuming this is a scam but the prices and the fact that the storefront looks like the sign is photoshopped is another indicator....
Recent BBB updates:

FD081B6B-EF4E-472A-97C3-520728D7C222.png

I was just looking at Gorilla Silverback 135 gr 9mm at around $20 for a box of 20. Enough for me to move on.
https://www.bbb.org/us/ak/anchorage/profile/high-risk-behavior-practices/raniersec-1296-1000105551

Here's some more evidence of the scam.

This photo of their supposed storefront shows a poorly photoshopped logo on a real store. Let's look closer.

1629413871838.png

If you zoom in 500% you can see a logo on the right door and the same logo in color on the sign on the left door that I've outlined in red.

1629413953282.png

The upper word in the logo is blurry, but you can make out it starts with "I" and ends with "T". The guess is "impact".
You can make out there are four letters in the 2nd word, and "guns" is a good contender.

I googled "Impact Guns" and bingo. A gun shop with 3 locations in Utah.
Here's the REAL storefront: https://www.impactguns.com/about-us/

1629414213115.png

And corroborated on Google Maps:

1629414300455.png

As far as their BS Alaska address, this is off their site and is so scammy it's actually funny:

1629412921081.png

Let us know! ;)

Hint: the web is flooded with fake sites. They are everywhere. Anything "in stock" is a lie. Great price? Lie. Fast shipping? Lie. Free shipping? Lie. Untraceable payment methods? Lie. No PayPal? Lie. No phone? Lie. No street address in case you're close? Lie. No answer to your email? Lie.

I see a pattern forming.

Here's some more evidence of the scam.

This photo of their supposed storefront shows a poorly photoshopped logo on a real store. Let's look closer.

View attachment 1015125

If you zoom in 500% you can see a logo on the right door and the same logo in color on the sign on the left door that I've outlined in red.

View attachment 1015126

The upper word in the logo is blurry, but you can make out it starts with "I" and ends with "T". The guess is "impact".
You can make out there are four letters in the 2nd word, and "guns" is a good contender.

I googled "Impact Guns" and bingo. A gun shop with 3 locations in Utah.
Here's the REAL storefront: https://www.impactguns.com/about-us/

View attachment 1015129

And corroborated on Google Maps:

View attachment 1015130

As far as their BS Alaska address, this is off their site and is so scammy it's actually funny:

View attachment 1015103
Nice! Also welcome to NWFA.

Why not fake a huge order in the 10s of thousands, Bitcoin at the ready but with one stipulation: face to face, with local law enforcement standing by?
I wsh I knew how to scam cryptocurrency.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top