JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I just watched the movie "Rango" about an hour ago. I must say the movie was very formula driven and predictable but it was pretty good. The graphics were amazing.

One thing that did bother me though were all the SAA type firearms with swing out cylinders. It seemed like ever single action .45colt six shooter in the movie has a cylinder the popped open like a modern DA/SA revolver.

The Gatling guns with no visible source for feeding ammo were a bit odd too.

It is funny how the gun issues bothered me but I had no problem with talking animals or exploding bats. :)

I read that Rango wasnt exactly a kids movie... Would you agree? We meant to go twice over the weekend but both times had issues.

It definitely wasn't an adult movie. It was okay, but not great. The kids that were there liked it, but I will say that what got the biggest reaction from the kids was to the trailer for "Rio."

A bazillion years ago I had one of these. It has the true Single Action Army look, but not only is a double action, it has a swing out cylinder. It's the only thing I've ever seen like it.
Here's a few pics I robbed off of Gunbroker.
D9.jpg
d9b.jpg
d9a.jpg

It definitely wasn't an adult movie. It was okay, but not great. The kids that were there liked it, but I will say that what got the biggest reaction from the kids was to the trailer for "Rio."
It certainly IS an adult movie. I don't think kids are going to get a prostate exam joke. Very much adult humor all the way though. It's only a kids movie in graphics. Great movie.

And yet your not confused by the Snakes rattler that looks like a half dozen various sized revolver cylinders stacked up with the ability to shoot from more then one cylinder with no striker or hammer apperantly.

Wife, 26 year old son (an E5 in the US NAVY) and I watched it. It was a remake of Chinatown (with Jack Nickloson) Chinatown (1974) - IMDb and Blazing Saddles (in a lessor way) It was ok if it haddn't been for the military discount I'd have thought it was a bit expensive for the return.

I just watched the movie "Rango" about an hour ago. I must say the movie was very formula driven and predictable but it was pretty good. The graphics were amazing.

One thing that did bother me though were all the SAA type firearms with swing out cylinders. It seemed like ever single action .45colt six shooter in the movie has a cylinder the popped open like a modern DA/SA revolver.

The Gatling guns with no visible source for feeding ammo were a bit odd too.

It is funny how the gun issues bothered me but I had no problem with talking animals or exploding bats. :)

Watched it again last night with my son--the Gatlings were belt fed. Hard to see, but I was looking for it. Never seen one of those, either (a belt-fed Gatling).

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top