JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hi all,

I live in Salem, and TriTac is the closest range to me. Do any of you have suggestions on other ranges that have rentals and don't need a membership? I Googled this and not much came up, I'm hoping y'all know things Google doesn't.

Hoping to get my CHL in 2023 (finally getting one when it's now next to useless in Oregon and twice as expensive).

Looking at the SIG Sauer P 365X or, XL (maybe Macro) and Taurus GX4 optics ready in case you know a place that has those to rent.

Thx in advance.
Tritec is open to the public. I got their 3 month trial membership because I thought I'd be able to reserve range time but only their premium members can. That's $60 a month, too rich for my blood.

I let the trial membership run out because I want to reserve a time vs having to just go down there hoping to get in. I'm more of an introvert so prefer having things set up ready to go.

Other than that it was all good. Though shooting my 5.56 and 300 blackout were like hitting myself in the head with a hammer each shot.

Hi all,

I live in Salem, and TriTac is the closest range to me. Do any of you have suggestions on other ranges that have rentals and don't need a membership? I Googled this and not much came up, I'm hoping y'all know things Google doesn't.

Hoping to get my CHL in 2023 (finally getting one when it's now next to useless in Oregon and twice as expensive).

Looking at the SIG Sauer P 365X or, XL (maybe Macro) and Taurus GX4 optics ready in case you know a place that has those to rent.

Thx in advance.
It's great that you are planning to get an Oregon CHL. True, it cost more. Just renewed mine for 83.00 for three years. Still not too bad considering about 30.00 per year.
With a CHL, in the past, used to be given first priority when doing BGC. Now, not so much. With the pending law, 114, you would basically have to go through the same process and more as with the CHL requirements just to purchase a firearm. So, your CHL would be useless in that sense.

northwest arsenal in eugene might be closer to you. non member capable, just higher range fee, and rental guns
Agreed. A little spendy, but for $35 ($25 for indoor lane and $10 for use of any of their handguns) and your cost for ammo, they do have a decent selection of the most popular handguns and calibers available to try out. In addition, you can rent all kinds of MACHINE GUNS, which are just FUN although expensive.

GREAT STORY: During the height of the 3 year world collapse, my then 16 year old was getting restless and bored over Spring Break. No traveling, hotels, etc. Shooting? Of course ammo was nonexistent and finding any, good luck. As he had never done it before, I asked if he wanted to head over to NW Arsenal to try out a machine gun or two. He wasn't sure (he is very cautious about things and spending money, even if its mine) and it took him a day or two to ask if we could go; he was ready. Well, when we got there, we asked about it and the lady was apologetic, but they had no ammo to do it. As we started to walk away disappointed, one of the owner's came out and asked what was going on. He at first apologized, but then said to wait. He remembered he had 3 full Happy Sticks of 9mm for the MP5. So, he shot it with a massive smile on his face. Then he repeated it with it being suppressed. That smile and excitement got bigger. Although he could have done it the third time, he wanted me to do it suppressed. So, this was the first time I shot an MP5 and had a smile to match his. The whole time took less than 10 minutes including just a few seconds with the Happy Sticks, but made him pretty happy for a few days.

We were also looking for a new handgun and tried all their 9mm rentals to narrow the choices. The top 2 came down to a Sig P320 and Ruger American. Both were in competition for military replacement and both use similar designs. Both shot about the same and of course, the military made the mistake of going with the P320. We went with the Ruger and you know what, it hasn't tried to shoot us like the P320 enjoys doing. Happy for that and saved some money too.

Agreed. A little spendy, but for $35 ($25 for indoor lane and $10 for use of any of their handguns) and your cost for ammo, they do have a decent selection of the most popular handguns and calibers available to try out. In addition, you can rent all kinds of MACHINE GUNS, which are just FUN although expensive.

GREAT STORY: During the height of the 3 year world collapse, my then 16 year old was getting restless and bored over Spring Break. No traveling, hotels, etc. Shooting? Of course ammo was nonexistent and finding any, good luck. As he had never done it before, I asked if he wanted to head over to NW Arsenal to try out a machine gun or two. He wasn't sure (he is very cautious about things and spending money, even if its mine) and it took him a day or two to ask if we could go; he was ready. Well, when we got there, we asked about it and the lady was apologetic, but they had no ammo to do it. As we started to walk away disappointed, one of the owner's came out and asked what was going on. He at first apologized, but then said to wait. He remembered he had 3 full Happy Sticks of 9mm for the MP5. So, he shot it with a massive smile on his face. Then he repeated it with it being suppressed. That smile and excitement got bigger. Although he could have done it the third time, he wanted me to do it suppressed. So, this was the first time I shot an MP5 and had a smile to match his. The whole time took less than 10 minutes including just a few seconds with the Happy Sticks, but made him pretty happy for a few days.

We were also looking for a new handgun and tried all their 9mm rentals to narrow the choices. The top 2 came down to a Sig P320 and Ruger American. Both were in competition for military replacement and both use similar designs. Both shot about the same and of course, the military made the mistake of going with the P320. We went with the Ruger and you know what, it hasn't tried to shoot us like the P320 enjoys doing. Happy for that and saved some money too.

Great story! I'm glad that you and your son have such a good memory with each other for such an unfortunately time period!

I've done quite a bit of research in here and on Google and yeah I've made the decision to steer very clear of both SIG Sauer and Taurus products. It's one thing to have a malfunctioning platform and recall it. That's what Subaru did with my airbag. I appreciate that and would buy Subaru again. It's another entirely to have your malfunctioning products either seriously wound or kill firearm professionals or citizens and then shirk any responsibility and blame them for misuse. HARD PASS THX.

I'll stick to looking at Glock and Ruger for concealed carry!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top