JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I wonder what Washington's restraining order laws are like. It says his wife "sought" a restraining order against him, saying he was dangerous and possibly had ptsd from war. In Oregon, you'd have to get rid of all of your guns for the duration. He doesn't sound very law abiding though.

He's wanted for shooting four other people at a party.

It would seem somebody at the party didn't like him carrying a gun, so he shot the place up. Sounds like the guy was a ticking time bomb.. let's be glad the fuse didn't burn out while picking his kid up from preschool or at the movie theater or mall or some crap.

---

I know we're all concerned about our rights, but we need to remember that this sort of thing happens several times a year all across our country, and has for the last several decades. Despite this, gun laws only continue to get better in this country. Focus more on the tragedy of this individual and the lives he's destroying, less on how it's effecting you ('cause it's not).

Obama has repeatedly said he wants more stringent gun laws. I personally believe that Fast and Furious was a setup against US gun owners, meant to show that our "bad" guns were causing problems.

Obama has shown that he will bypass congress and get regulations changed by agencies empowered by congress to make law. If he's re-elected, I expect to see some new "rules" from BATF.

It would seem somebody at the party didn't like him carrying a gun, so he shot the place up. Sounds like the guy was a ticking time bomb.. let's be glad the fuse didn't burn out while picking his kid up from preschool or at the movie theater or mall or some crap.

---

I know we're all concerned about our rights, but we need to remember that this sort of thing happens several times a year all across our country, and has for the last several decades. Despite this, gun laws only continue to get better in this country. Focus more on the tragedy of this individual and the lives he's destroying, less on how it's effecting you ('cause it's not).

+1

Mount Rainier shooting opens door for agenda pandering

Four people shot in Skyway and hours later, the same “person of interest” is allegedly involved in the slaying of a Mount Rainier National Park ranger, and in the aftermath, a debate is erupting over a 2010 law that allowed private citizens to carry loaded firearms in national parks in accordance with the laws of the state in which the park is located.

<broken link removed>

Mount Rainier shooting opens door for agenda pandering

Four people shot in Skyway and hours later, the same "person of interest" is allegedly involved in the slaying of a Mount Rainier National Park ranger, and in the aftermath, a debate is erupting over a 2010 law that allowed private citizens to carry loaded firearms in national parks in accordance with the laws of the state in which the park is located.

<broken link removed>

No law would have stopped this guy. There are already laws against shooting 5 people. He had no respect for those laws, and would have no respect for any new law. Criminals everywhere prove that laws work only with law abiding people.

I wonder what Washington's restraining order laws are like. It says his wife "sought" a restraining order against him, saying he was dangerous and possibly had ptsd from war. In Oregon, you'd have to get rid of all of your guns for the duration. He doesn't sound very law abiding though.

He's wanted for shooting four other people at a party.
Yes I also read that...
Police have said he's also a suspect in a 3 a.m. shooting at a house party in Skyway, Wash., that left four people wounded.
this guy is a piece of work... with military history, it might be tough to capture. Hopefully it will be quick take down.

No law would have stopped this guy. There are already laws against shooting 5 people. He had no respect for those laws, and would have no respect for any new law. Criminals everywhere prove that laws work only with law abiding people.

exactly... thats what the left does not understand... If you dont follow 1 law, why you follow any others...

Last Edited:
Breaking news...They found him dead in the park this morning. No info on cause of death at this time.

Aw shucks. Now the taxpayers (Federal land, you know) don't get to spend millions on lawyers, appeals, etc. for the next 20 years and then house him for life. They say it costs $100k per year to keep a prisoner locked in Federal prison including their free medical, dental and vision care.

Bullets or hypothermia are cheaper.

Unfortunately, lots of people don't think logically.

Police: Park gunman may have fled to area to hide - CenturyLink™

Bill Wade, the outgoing chair of the Coalition of National Park Service Retirees, said Congress should be regretting its decision to allow loaded weapons in national parks. He called Sunday's fatal shooting a tragedy that could have been prevented. He hopes Congress will reconsider the law that took effect in early 2010, but doubts that will happen in today's political climate.

I'm sure no sign would have made this guy rethink taking a gun into the park and shooting a ranger.

I feel really bad for the families and friends of the 5 people he shot, especially the park ranger. Two of the four he shot are said to be in critical condition.

Prayers up.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top