JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It's a very intelligent rule.

If you already own a gun, You would have shot yourself already.

If you have a friend with you...

It's not perfect (see the recent mother/son muder/suicide in a range) but if you are socializing with other people, it's at least less likely that you're of a mindset to kill yourself.

~~

Just occurred to me, The prerequisite ownership of a gun for individuals at a range would also serve as a deterrent to an unarmed someone coming off the street, renting a gun and shooting the desk person to steal the armory.

You must be a liberal.

Bottom line. Insurance premiums. It is a problem for all small business owners. We live in a sue happy, get some free money, society. Insurance premiums are just like taxes. It is our money that pays for the lawsuits.

Why would I want to rent one of theirs if I am bringing one (or more) of my own? That is what is weird.

Renting is great if you want to try out a gun before buying one.

I've tried out many different pistols to see which one I liked shooting more... I'd rather pay $8 to rent a gun then spend $500+ to buy it and find out I don't like it....

I had not considered the suicide possibility as a basis for the rule. I guess it is another rule to protect people from themselves and businesses from their families' lawyers.

Why would I want to rent one of theirs if I am bringing one (or more) of my own? That is what is weird.

I have one gun (for the sake of this argument) and I want to buy a second. That gun range has a really cool Glock on the peg board over there. I'd like to try it out to see if it is as cool as everyone is saying.

I rent that gun and then find out that it doesn't feel anywhere near as perfect in my hand as my Springfield Loaded 1911. No Glock for me. "So how about letting me try that Smith & Wesson 640? Another $10? That's okay, I'm worth it."

Silly rule, lady in florida had her son with her, rented handguns at the range, shot her son in the back of the head then herself, would you want a couple or a group to commit suicide?

I have one gun (for the sake of this argument) and I want to buy a second. That gun range has a really cool Glock on the peg board over there. I'd like to try it out to see if it is as cool as everyone is saying.

I rent that gun and then find out that it doesn't feel anywhere near as perfect in my hand as my Springfield Loaded 1911. No Glock for me. "So how about letting me try that Smith & Wesson 640? Another $10? That's okay, I'm worth it."

Actually.....you could rent individual's, but the way it works is, (at least at Wade's) You can rent unlimited pistols for the same price. I think it's $15, but for the amount, you can "borrow" every pistol they have of that caliber, and they do have a LOT!! Not only that....but they've got some very nice pieces. :s0155: For instance, when my wife and I go shooting there on ladies day, (which is when ladies get FREE rentals) we always bring our .22, and 9mm....and end up firing many other guns as well. The hook is that they expect for you (and it might actually be a rule, in so far as I know) that you have to use their range ammo. I don't know, because I've never done it. I go in every time with a ammo box full. They check it as you come in the door to be sure everything you're going to use is appropriate, (no steel casings) and then you're on you're merry way. Go back in after a few minutes and pick up another gun, no questions asked!:D

Well....Wade's has also had at least one murder behind a rented handgun, and an accidental discharge death as well. What I've always wondered is.........after those guns were returned from the evidence locker, were they sold for discount, or destroyed? I'd take a super discount on a body count weapon. Call me morbid, but at least you KNOW it functions properly.

I believe that they are up to 5 or 6 firearms-related deaths there now.

You must be a liberal.

News to me, I don't recall saying the person needed to have a friend to go privately buy, and use a gun to kill themselves in the privacy of their own home...

Just to go out to someone else's private property, rent their privately owned guns, and then use their place of business to use their tools in an improper manner.

Unless of course you seem to think that your use of someone else's private property for your own is a Right? Don't confuse a constitutional issue with business liability.

If you had the gun, you'd already have shot yourself, If you have friends with you, you probably wont be killing yourself, or at the least the friend might prevent it.

(edit) Does this mean that you yourself believe in further local regulation of small business owners as to how they disperse their stock ? ^^ see my point?

You have the freedom in our society to spend your money at a range that does not have that rule.

Thats what I do, there's no gun rental, but keycard access and privacy when I want to have some peace is worth it.

Shooting alone is a lot like drinking alone though. Unhealthy in the long term.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top