JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Well, I just bought a brand new Zastava M57.

This is the new clone of the TT-33. It shoots 7.62x25 and has a few structural differences from the original. It has a magazine safety, so you can't shoot without a magazine in place in addition to a regular safety.

It came feeling pretty rough and I had a hard time working the slide. But this improved with the initial cleaning.

The trigger is a bit heavier than i like. When i got to shoot it, i was disappointed to find that it shot left and very low. It was only after 30 or 40 rounds did i discover that i was really rusty and need to get out and shoot more. After a while my shooting skills came back. But it was still shooting a bit left and low. I noticed that the sights were dovetailed and though it is sold as having fixed sights, i took a punch and hammer and made a slight adjustment.

When i felt that my shooting was at its best, i put 9 rounds of my Romanian surplus at about 25 feet and you can see the results. Thats about the best i can shoot, so im very happy with the gun. Once it breaks in i think it will only improve.

M57target_zpsd340d6fc.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the review. Do you have a picture of the pistol? What ammo are you shooting? Also, a heavy trigger can move your shots to the lower left, are you going to try and improve the trigger?

I found that the gun had a rather heavy trigger. In fact, I thought it was comparable to the CZ-52, which was notorious for its trigger. I am not going to do anything to the gun until I feel it has really broken in. I have a Romanian TT-33 and it's trigger is quite nice; maybe this one will loosen up with some use. It shoots the 7.62x25 which used to be one of the cheapest bullet around, but stores go wise to that. It's a small, fast bullet with a heavy copper jacket, so it's great for punching holes in things and doing serious damage to fruits and vegetables. The safety is built into the slide. F1YM57.jpg

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top