Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Range report Sig Sauer P226 Stainless Elite

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by hotSAUCE, Mar 31, 2014.

1. hotSAUCE

hotSAUCE All over Active Member

So I had been looking for a new gun since I recently replaced my MP9 Pro Series CORE for a 1911 (which I have since given to my wife as her first gun) and no longer have a range gun (that I really wanted similar to the MP). I had a revolver that I really never shot and figured I would replace that and get something I had really wanted. I had been wanting a Sig P226 X5, but the one I wanted I wasn't willing to spend $2k+. I know this sounds kinda stupid as to why I wanted a full stainless pistol but just watching the movie Non-Stop and the gun he had was a Stainless P226 and really wanted one.

SO enough with the history, I found a new Sig P226 elite for sale for a killer price and just had to have it! I found out these are backed ordered and only really available if they happen to show at a dealer or online at like gun broker and such. Was able to find one at a local place and they held it for me for 2 days so I could get it on my day off. Also nice as I'm already a member here and saved like $55

98b4ae97-2430-4d23-9be9-368fed9ab07b_zps7e9d931b.jpg

Took it home cleaned it and took it to the LE Bay at West Coast Armory and ran it through 50 rounds! This gun feels amazing and is very solid. Feels perfect in my hands, hardly any recoil (9mm), and the trigger is so smooth! I know my MP9 had a upgraded trigger, but this one feels a lot better. What was also really nice was the SRT on the Sig. Sorry I didn't keep any targets I shot to see how accurate it was out the box, as we didn't just target shoot we did more on the move shots. I love the heavier weight of this gun over the polymer framed one as the recoil really doesn't exist! It's also really great it comes standard with Night Sights.

ccf28e67-91ab-4cd4-a235-ec5ebe5e1b71_zps6a58091b.jpg

And the sexy shot of it all cleaned (this was taken before taken to the range):

IMG_6767_zps5f03e5dc.jpg

2. Oklahomie

Oklahomie Marysville Active Member

I'm not a stainless guy myself but man is that a beautiful gun!

Congrats.

3. Sgt Nambu

Sgt Nambu Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Beautiful piece! Have fun with it!

4. PuddleMonkey

PuddleMonkey Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

I'd sex it.

Oklahomie likes this.
  5. dlux503

dlux503 SE Portland Well-Known Member

Beautiful pistol. I have one and it's by far the most accurate gun I've ever shot. My buddy thought I was crazy spending that much money on one pistol but after he shot it, he realized it was totally worth every penny. Happy shooting and enjoy.

6. Norwestr55

Norwestr55 Monmouth OR Deplorable Silver Supporter

I've got the 229 version that I traded into LNIB. Sig really did a beautiful job on these.
    image_zpsaff82868.jpg

Barachiah likes this.
  7. hker71

hker71 Portland Metro Area Active Member

Those are some magnificent handguns! I have a standard railed P226 with the E2 grip and I love it.

8. redkatanax9

redkatanax9 Vancouver, WA Member

9. hotSAUCE

hotSAUCE All over Active Member

Yes this has now moved to my favorite pistol I have ever owned!

I can't find anything wrong with it....and I doubt I ever will

sent from a typewriter not a samsung galaxy s3.

10. 44mag2ndamend

44mag2ndamend Round the ole tree stump, Down by the crick Well-Known Member

Ha, Gun Sexting!