JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Picked up a LCP at Fred Meyer in Newberg on 2/19. Installed a Crimson
Trace Laser and picked up a DeSantis Nemesis holster for it.
It's been to the range a couple of times now, figure I've got close to
200 break-in rounds through it.
Ammo. American Eagle and PMC FMJ, Aquila and some reload JHP.
8 different people of all physical types have tried it out, and so far--
NOT ONE MALFUNCTION of any kind. I think it's a keeper!:)
Trigger pull is L-O-N-G and quite a bit heavier than my old P32. It will probably
lighten up a bit after some more use.
Iron sights are totally worthless, but the little thing pointed well for me.
The laser is worth every penny and then some. We were shooting it after the USPSA match yesterday, and everyone was getting good hits on the
paper and steel targets out to 20 yds or so. Much better accuracy than I
had anticipated from a gun I can cover with my hand.

So far my LCP is a keeper for sure! No failures and the size/weight are great.

On a side note...I put my hands on an LCR and think it's a worth checking out if you want a revolver... weight was low and the trigger was surprisingly nice.

:drink:

I fired my brand new LCP for the first time today. I put the first 100 break-in rounds thru it, and experienced 5 failure to return to battery. Just a slight nudge on the rear of the slide, and it went fully into battery. The previous poster was correct....the sights (if you can call them that) are pretty much totally worthless, and it flung brass every which way but loose. lol But for a "stick it up their nose and pull the trigger" gun, I really like it. I'm looking forward to putting another 100-200 break-in rounds thru it this coming week.

I've put about 350 or so rounds through my LCP, not one failure ever. Im really impressed. At about 25 yards I was able to get decent groupings but always shot high on the paper, sights are useless like others said. Its a great summer gun for concealed carry.

Wait, so you bought a handgun at Fred Meyer? I checked at my local Fred Meyers (Hillsboro, and Beaverton) and I could not find anything related, not even ammo in a case. Closest I found was a couple BB guns and Airsoft stuff.

Wait, so you bought a handgun at Fred Meyer? I checked at my local Fred Meyers (Hillsboro, and Beaverton) and I could not find anything related, not even ammo in a case. Closest I found was a couple BB guns and Airsoft stuff.

Newberg is one of the stores with a firearms counter. The little
LCP was even on sale--$309.99+background. AND they had ammo for it!
No JHP, but two brands of FMJ.

I think that $309 sale runs through Tuesday or maybe Thursday of this
week.

^Good deal for it. Not in the market for another handgun atm, but am interested in some other stuff. Do they sell any AR-15 parts at Freddys? Do they have a coupon for stripped lowers?

Also, what was the price on ammo, normally I can find bi-mart at $14 a box and wal-mart for $12 a box if I want to drive.

All I have to say is the little elsie goes with me almost where ever I go (except gym) I forget it is there most of the time. As far as accuracy, well I am a good point and shoot shooter and I can hit a pie plate at 15 ft time after time. Good enough for me for a gun that is so small and has this kind of firepower (no .45 but hey its 8oz's come on:s0155:. My only advice is to oil the ramp, it will fire every time. But then again all my auto pistols are always oiled and I only shoot FMJ's for defense period. My .02

^Good deal for it. Not in the market for another handgun atm, but am interested in some other stuff. Do they sell any AR-15 parts at Freddys? Do they have a coupon for stripped lowers?
Also, what was the price on ammo, normally I can find bi-mart at $14 a box and wal-mart for $12 a box if I want to drive.

No AR parts at Freddies, no stripped lowers. Not even any AR's yet. They
are willing to order stuff in, but they don't stock a lot.
Pretty conventional on the rifles and shotguns. Fair selection of handguns.
380 prices were closer to $20 for FMJ. If you can find ANY 380 at a Bi-mart
or Wal-Mart you are doing better than me---haven't seen any there for
months!

Bought my LCP last week from the Scappoose Fred Meyer. Fred Meyer was handing out $30 off of handgun coupons at th Sportsman show. I used a bunch of those rebate slips along with the coupon and ended up with a LCP for about $250. Haven't fired it yet, but soon!

I'm going to special order the Crimson Trace from them this week. Think they quoted about $200 for it.

So far I've bought a LCP, XDM-9, Marlin 30-30 and had them special order a stainless Ruger 10/22 with the snow camo stock from Fred Meyer. Only took a few days on the special order.

It's nice having a gun store in the neighborhood finally!

There ammo selection is fair and prices are fair also. Picked up a few boxes of PMC FMJ .380 for about $18 pr so a box.....about what it is at other places. I've bought a bunch of 9mm from them, but last time they were out.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top