1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $850 in prizes this month -- enter now for your chance to win!
    Dismiss Notice

Range Report - Ruger Blackhawk

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by RVTECH, Oct 7, 2013.

RVTECH LaPine Well-Known Member

Finally got out yesterday to light 'er up - Excellence - I am wondering if there can be any handgun more accurate. I didn't bring paper targets but I just wanted to break it in and my first few rounds were all going in a perfectly straight line a few inches above a clay I set up so I dropped the front sight till I was right on. A click or two to the right and I was hitting anything I aimed at at 25-30 yards - and the targets were small. It did not shoot .38 Specials as well as I would have liked but it really shined with full power .357s with 125 gr HP bullets, and even with the heavier loads recoil was negligible. New grips are really going to help and I will be ordering some Pachmayer Presentation grips for it soon. Some red sight paint on the front sight will be a necessity also.
    orygun and (deleted member) like this.
  2. trainsktg

trainsktg Portland OR Well-Known Member

3. Pandaz3

Pandaz3 Cornelius, Oregon NRA Lifetime Member Platinum Supporter Gold Supporter Bronze Supporter

Haven't fired mine since '72 or so, guess I should unlimber it....and my GP100, which is new. I have fired my Taurus 605 .357 Snubbie in this decade. I have never tried .38s from any of my .357s, but I intend to, just bought some .38 for that purpose