JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've been remiss in not getting these two out of "unfired" status, so, I visited the range today.

LCP - Two tone, 380 ACP, Crimson Trace laser, Pearce Grip extension.

I have the crimson trace laser installed, and, I aligned it by eye before I went. It was really close, and, very consistent. With a slight touch up, I was able to obliterate the "black" on a standard pistol target at 20 yards. I fed the weapon a mix of FMJ and hollow points with no failures to feed, fire or eject. I purchased the weapon on a whim and I'm not disappointed. Anyone within 20 yards is toast, I didn't fire it at longer ranges.

I really dislike the lack of an empty mag hold open. I missed that terribly as I was handed mags that were short loaded by a random amount. The laser makes the package work, even at distance. The sights are horrible. I have marked the front sight with white sight paint, but, it is of minimal help.

The thing was hard to clean - meaning I had powder residue in the barrel and had a lot of trouble getting out. It didn't seem to be my chemical cocktail - I tried several. It was tight along the edge of the grooves from the end of the chamber out about 1 cm. I finally used a small nylon toothbrush style and got at it. My normal brushes & jags (Dewey) didn't seem to get the job done.

Round count = 100.

PPS - 9mm, 7 round magazines, Limbsaver recoil grip

The weapon is stock, with the exception of a Limbsaver slip on grip accessory. At 25 yards, the thing was very good - better than I expected. I'm not a DA or long-pull shooter, so, there was some adjustment for me. The sights were ok for elevation, a little off in windage. A minor issue. Again, a mix of ammo and no failures of any kind.

I found the trigger reset to be a little quicker than I was used to and had to use care not to unintentionally double-tap. Once I was aware of it, it was a non-issue. Again, the T-2 was properly aerated.

No issues in stripping or cleaning. I feel like the weapon is a good value. I have ordered a stainless steel BT guide rod for it and will keep the factory rod as a "spare". I liked the Limbsaver a lot, much more than the Hogue's I have. I was concerned it might be unpleasant to shoot, but, it was a honey.

Round count = 150.

I have a Ruger LCP which I carry often due to it's small size. As you said, sights are very basic; pretty much point-and-shoot at short range only --but that's what it's designed for. Maybe I should try the laser, sounds like it works out well for you.

I don't enjoy a range session much with mine, after a couple of magazines my trigger finger gets sore from firing (something with the trigger I guess; this is the only pistol I have that does this to me). Easy to carry though.

I shot a friends lcp a few weeks ago and quite honestly I hated it. It's far too small to get a decent grip on it. My finger stuck out of the trigger guard almost up to my second knuckle. Every time I shot it hurt my trigger finger. The length of pull feels like it's about a mile and a half long. The trigger reset seemed to be about 3/4 of the trigger pull. I fully agree that it makes a good pocket gun but it's miserable to shoot in my experience. Any one else feel that way when they shot it?

I shot a friends lcp a few weeks ago and quite honestly I hated it. It's far too small to get a decent grip on it. My finger stuck out of the trigger guard almost up to my second knuckle. Every time I shot it hurt my trigger finger. The length of pull feels like it's about a mile and a half long. The trigger reset seemed to be about 3/4 of the trigger pull. I fully agree that it makes a good pocket gun but it's miserable to shoot in my experience. Any one else feel that way when they shot it?

With the small grip it is easy to get too much of your index finger around the trigger. Try backing your finger out more toward the tip. This changes the feel considerably.

I have the grip extensions on my LCP, it makes it work much better for me. I should have mentioned that in my original post.

The laser is the cat's ***. Forget the sights, point and shoot. It does tend to show every movement, though!

mine slaps my finger to,but i put my brain into serious danger mode a threat coming near me and then you don't even feel it. once i got good with mine i shoot it very little just enough to make sure i know what to expect and call it good.
the trade off with a little sting is worth it to me so that i get to carry something small and light in the summer if i don't want to have a big shirt on to cover the p30.

With the small grip it is easy to get too much of your index finger around the trigger. Try backing your finger out more toward the tip. This changes the feel considerably.

I tried that too. It just felt awkward to me all around. I'd still use the pistol in a pinch though.

I have the grip extensions on my LCP, it makes it work much better for me. I should have mentioned that in my original post.

The laser is the cat's ***. Forget the sights, point and shoot. It does tend to show every movement, though!

The laser is the only thing that makes it usable. The sights are almost non-existent (kind of like my 2" revolver). My friend's lcp also had the grip extension. With that I was able to get a two finger grip on the gun:s0112:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top