JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Model RR22B6

Well, I picked this up at Fisherman's Marine & Outdoor on Saturday for sale price of $139.99.

Opening up the box, you get the revolver (this one only comes with the .22 LR and not the 22 Mag cylinder included with some models), the manual and some other documentation, and a trigger lock. This is a six shot revolver and it has a manual safety as well that needs to be pushed down before attempting to fire.

HARR22_small.jpg

So, I took it out and went to see how I could do at the gun club (50 foot range is all they have available). I was all over the place. This definitely takes some change in aiming from an automatic pistol. I had just watched Top Shot Season 1 on Netflix and watched them use the Colt 1873 and the guy who was helping them in practice was mentioning how the cowboy style revolvers needed to have special attention to the sighting and to use the groove on the rear more so than the front sight. Only a little of the front sight should be showing. Good thing I saw that because on Saturday I was consistently hitting high so on Monday, after I had watched TS, I was doing better. It still will take some doing to get used to it. However, it is a fun gun to shoot. With cheap ammo and a price under $200 (in this case, under $150) it can be a fun and cheap way to have a cowboy style single action revolver.

Thanks for the review. I bought an H&R .22 revolver in the early 80's and couldn't hit anything with it. Wasn't the gun, my bother was a pretty fair shot with it. Him with that and me with my Ruger mark II was a pretty good match up. I never could get the gun to shoot right for me. We were packing up after a day of plinking, he hands me the gun, I put in it's box and hand it back to him. He just looks at me, I told him "It's your gun, it doesn't like me" Put a big grin on his face that day!

You got a good looking gun for a great price. Think I'll stop by and look at one.

Don

I recently bought the Heritage RR in 22LR and 22 Mag (both cylinders) w/ 3.75" barrel. Haven't shot the magnum cylinder yet nor tried to shoot on a long range, just 10-15 ft. in my basement with LR. Accuracy is good for a revolver, I'm not so good at single action. I do a lot of hunting and fishing in some pretty "brushy" areas and I got this for a snake gun; got it loaded with 2 shot-shell cartridges and 3 magnum cartridges (always carry on an empty). The gun is very functional, shoots good, not finely finished, inexpensive, American Made, mechanically sound. I like it!

Last Edited:
I recently got my Heritage Rough Rider 22LR on black friday and took it out to the range here in texas the next day. I was getting consistent head and neck shots on steel silhouettes at 25 yds out.

I recently got my Heritage Rough Rider 22LR on black friday and took it out to the range here in texas the next day. I was getting consistent head and neck shots on steel silhouettes at 25 yds out.

Glad you like the heritage rough rider. I got mine with snake protection in mind as I tramp through some fairly wild areas to hunt/fish. I like having both LR and Magnum cylinders. I have shot shells for both calibers, I usually load two cylinders with shot and the other four with HP's. I've never shot my Rough Rider at 25 yards, but 10 and 15. I was very satisfied with the accuracy. I keep it sitting next to my chair in the living room, so it has become more than a snake gun.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top