JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi all!

I recently got to hit the range for the first time in a long time. I had a new gun with me today.

I got to shoot my Glock 48. Finally.

I try to temper all my beliefs about how good a shooter I am with some kind of factual, measurable metric. Usually, I use some kind of accuracy standard coupled with time to complete a course of fire.

I long ago, came to realize out of all my guns, I shoot a compact sized gun the best. I ended up selling a Ruger LCP, and XDs. I still own a traditional sub compact double stack, as well as a Glock 20, but I still shoot the best with my P07.
Today however, I found a gun that could give it a run for its money, with the G48.
It's basically the same size, but a bit thinner. Not too thin to make it comparable to the XDs, not too short to be a traditional sub compact, but just enough gun that I could manage very decent double taps, and still hit a golf ball with ease.
Anyway, if anyone is seeking a new CCW, the Sig 365, and Hellcat are NOT the only options. There is a 15 round mag that easily puts the G48 and G43x as great contenders for consideration as "new carry gun"

The G48 is also considerably larger than the P365 or Hellcat. When you're talking microcompacts and subcompacts, any size difference is much more significant than fullsize differences. To me, the G48 is a skinny G19 and has no home but I'm very glad you like yours and got a chance to let her breathe :s0017:. If glock made 10 round flush fit mags for their G43, I'd buy one in a second but I can't get behind their lack of competitive capacity:size ratios that they used to be known for. Still my favorite pistol brand but not in this category.

The 48 is what I carry daily. That or a Glock 45. Glad you like your new purchase!

@TTSX you are absolutely right. The 48 IS just a skinny 19.
I really struggle with the true "micro" 9"s. I am quite a bit slower with a hellcat because in addition to the "2 fingered grip" I also now have a thinner gun further compounding the lack of ability to hold on to it.
I usually have to reposition or adjust my grip every few rounds.
If I can get 15 rounds in a skinny 19, I'll gladly take it.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Glock should have come out the the G48/G43x guns decades ago, as it is I'm not switching from my heavily vested G19/G26 size pistols. If I need anything smaller I have a G43. If I was starting out I'd look hard the G48.

Last Edited:
I've said it before and I'll say it again, Glock should have come out the the G48/G43x guns decades ago, as it is I'm not switching from my heavily vested G19/G26 size pistols. If I need anything smaller I have a G43. If I was starting out I'd look hard the G48.

The thinner profile along with same capacity (if using Shield mags) makes it tough to argue. The G19 will always be an icon but the 48 carries easier and shoots the same. It's really a no brainer, unless its someone like you who is heavily vested in the G19.

For anyone starting out or switching to a Glock for EDC, the G48 is really tough to beat. The additional barrel length and sight radius over the 43x are worth the slightly longer and heavier carry. I don't think anyone would even notice it with regular carry.

The thinner profile along with same capacity (if using Shield mags) makes it tough to argue. The G19 will always be an icon but the 48 carries easier and shoots the same. It's really a no brainer, unless its someone like you who is heavily vested in the G19.

For anyone starting out or switching to a Glock for EDC, the G48 is really tough to beat. The additional barrel length and sight radius over the 43x are worth the slightly longer and heavier carry. I don't think anyone would even notice it with regular carry.

You can interchange G43 ,43X, and 48 slides on the frames. When I bought my 43X from @LuckySG I also picked up a "take off" G48 frame from him at the same time so that I could convert my 43 into a 43X, and back. I may pick up a 48 slide and barrel assembly in the near future.

1B37EF16-B950-40B1-9E8A-01573ED0F8C5.jpeg

Hi all!

I recently got to hit the range for the first time in a long time. I had a new gun with me today.

I got to shoot my Glock 48. Finally.

I try to temper all my beliefs about how good a shooter I am with some kind of factual, measurable metric. Usually, I use some kind of accuracy standard coupled with time to complete a course of fire.

I long ago, came to realize out of all my guns, I shoot a compact sized gun the best. I ended up selling a Ruger LCP, and XDs. I still own a traditional sub compact double stack, as well as a Glock 20, but I still shoot the best with my P07.
Today however, I found a gun that could give it a run for its money, with the G48.
It's basically the same size, but a bit thinner. Not too thin to make it comparable to the XDs, not too short to be a traditional sub compact, but just enough gun that I could manage very decent double taps, and still hit a golf ball with ease.
Anyway, if anyone is seeking a new CCW, the Sig 365, and Hellcat are NOT the only options. There is a 15 round mag that easily puts the G48 and G43x as great contenders for consideration as "new carry gun"
I'm the opposite, I find a G48 too narrow for my hands, and I''d say I've got average / medium sized hands for a man. A glock 19 fits much better with the double-stack width.

You can interchange G43 ,43X, and 48 slides on the frames. When I bought my 43X from @LuckySG I also picked up a "take off" G48 frame from him at the same time so that I could convert my 43 into a 43X, and back. I may pick up a 48 slide and barrel assembly in the near future.

View attachment 866517
I never thought about that. Pretty good piece of Intel.
The 43x ain't a bad gun. I just prefer the extra couple of inches on the barrel. That extra 3/4 inch really makes it easy to get eff pee ess speeds that make most defensive loads perform really well.

I'm the opposite, I find a G48 too narrow for my hands, and I''d say I've got average / medium sized hands for a man. A glock 19 fits much better with the double-stack width.

I've got large hands and I'll agree that the G19 fills them a little better but for carry the 48 is easier. I shoot both the 19 and the 48 about the same so I'll take the thinner profile.

I've got large hands and I'll agree that the G19 fills them a little better but for carry the 48 is easier. I shoot both the 19 and the 48 about the same so I'll take the thinner profile.
Agreed. A shot timer tells a story.
I have owned and carried all sorts of small guns. Most small guns are some kind of compromise. Everyone has a different feel and preference, just like shoes. Some need work boots. Some need running shoes and some need flip flops. 😁

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top