JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
What do you do to ensure your range is safe to ... move, shoot, check targets, etc?

Pointing and Calling.

This safety concept seems like something to easily add whether you are in the forest or at a standard range.

Why Japan's Rail Workers Can't Stop Pointing at Things

" ... pointing-and-calling is known to reduce workplace errors by up to 85 percent, according to one 1996 study. While some workers point-and-call more enthusiastically than others, even those who are more blasé benefit from the increased awareness that comes from physically reinforcing each task."

I know when I'm shooting pistol, I generally point-shoot as I figure that will be the case if I have to use it in a defensive situation.

Does that count? :D

We have one designated person who calls the range hot and cold. If there are lights or other indicators, I generally use them as well. If there are new shooters or people I don't know, I (and most of my friends) keep an eye on them to be sure they don't do anything unsafe.

Pointing and Calling.

This safety concept seems like something to easily add whether you are in the forest or at a standard range.

Why Japan's Rail Workers Can't Stop Pointing at Things

" ... pointing-and-calling is known to reduce workplace errors by up to 85 percent, according to one 1996 study. While some workers point-and-call more enthusiastically than others, even those who are more blasé benefit from the increased awareness that comes from physically reinforcing each task."

I was doing that during flight instruction for my private pilots license. The instructor said he had never seen anyone touch every gauge, switch, lever, and wheel while reading the checklist out loud. I couldn't understand why everyone didn't do it, but maybe some of my bubblehead training was coming through.

I take off my shoes and scare away others with my foot odor.

Can't say its unsafe if others leave. :rolleyes:
LOL

upload_2018-11-13_23-52-46.jpeg

I was doing that during flight instruction for my private pilots license. The instructor said he had never seen anyone touch every gauge, switch, lever, and wheel while reading the checklist out loud. I couldn't understand why everyone didn't do it, but maybe some of my bubblehead training was coming through.

I did zackly the same, but got no comment.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top