JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am a disabled vet and have always considered trying to find a job as a range instructor or something along those lines. I can't seem to find any info on what is needed to hold that certification or even have the "credentials" to do so. I love teaching people to shoot, I enjoy making people safe and comfortable with firearms. Can anyone shed some light on this?

NRA website has some info on training programs/RSO programs. You will probably have to contact your local ranges to see what they have as requirements for theirs. They may even offer CE classes for prior students who want to work on the line. I understand you're a vet but your basic rifle/pistol or quals will likely not be enough.

NRA website has some info on training programs/RSO programs. You will probably have to contact your local ranges to see what they have as requirements for theirs. They may even offer CE classes for prior students who want to work on the line. I understand you're a vet but your basic rifle/pistol or quals will likely not be enough.

Oh definitely, I didnt think my dd214 was enough. I was more curious if the nra certs are what most ranges look for. I feel like the NRA is just a trusted trainer to most ranges. I didnt know if someone had some experience and knew of some inside info or tips. Thanks for the info will look into it and call some ranges. :)

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top