JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm interested in getting a range finder. It would be nice to know just how far we are shooting down the hill. I have seen plenty of high end range finder binoculars, but wondering what about the single optic golfing types... much cheaper and seem to go out a good 500 yards. Anyone with experience / suggestions?

jim

Leupold is good stuff for sure, but being the cheap sob that I am I got the Nikon Aculon. Very compact and seems to work great. It'l read 500 plus and is around $140.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00EF30VWA/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

IMG_0147_zpsf83knsdy.jpg

I've had two Bushnells. I liked the first one so much that I bought the fancy one with the Pinseeker feature and gave the old one to a friend. I use mine mostly for golf but I have used them to measure shooting ranges, lots and buildings as well. Golfing with friends who have other brands, I've never been more than a yard away from the super fancy ones. I've dropped them each many, many times and have only after about 10 years with the latest one had to do any repair. That repair was to shim the battery compartment since the battery contact was getting a little loose. Probably from dropping it so much. :) Haven't every hunted with one but I could see where it could come in really handy.

I have a Nikon Riflehunter 1000 I purchased from a forum member a few years ago. It is quick and simple to use. Shuts itself off after 8 seconds of non use and can compensate for angle of incline or decline. The readout also changes to from LCD to LED depending on daylight. I've taken it hunting with me on several trips and really like the simplicity of use. It is supposed to be able to read to 1000 yards and I've played with it at around 900 just for fun. At the longer ranges it does take a bit longer for a readout.
Granted, this is the only one I've ever used and these features may be very common, but I like it.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top