JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Today was the day to shoot my Brownings first up was the 1911-380 that was fresh from the factory fix it shop. I'd managed to do something to lock the slide up and they fixed it. They didn't tell me what I did but I remember the take down pin being hard to install the last time I cleaned it. I wanted to make sure it was fixed and it was. I burned through a box of 50 rounds in no time and wished I'd brought more. Fun gun, fits my hand like a 1911 and very pleasant to shoot. Did I mention that I like my ammo? Well I do. While I was setting up a Turkey and 2 little babies walked across the bay so no shootem' critters.
Next up I drove over to the rifle range and had the place to myself. I'd not shot my new Browning X-Bolt Hunter 300 Win Mag before so hung a target at 50 yds and one at 100 yds. After a couple 3 shot groups on the 50 yd target I moved out to the 100 yd target and with out much effort was shooting groups that were under an inch in size exactly 2" high at the 100 yds. That was with 180gr Winchester ammo. I shot some 180gr Sierra RN ammo I'd made for a different 300 Win Mag and they shot just the same as the Winchester ammo. Browning has done something to the recoil pad, I shot a box of ammo in a tee shirt with no pain. As I was loading up the truck after the rifle shooting a momma Deer and her little two kids were walking thru the parking passing within about 20 feet of me. I like to see critters and just let them be.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top