JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So, I picked up a 10mm Glock from wired in the classified section in this forum. It's the long slide with the threaded barrel. I also brought along a custom Glock 22 that I just put speed sights on, and lastly, an Infinity 10mm compact with a ported barrel.

2015-06-26%2013.14.23_zpsrrx1qaxm.jpg

I have a couple of observations / reviews.

1. Underwood 10mm ammo. Should be renamed Blammo. The difference between that and some cheapo 10mm I brought along was huge. Like between 38 special and 357 magnum.

Precision One 500rnd Bunker - 180 grains 1125-1150 fps (glorified 40sw)
Underwood - (IIRC) 155 grain 1500 fps (the real deal)

2. Speed sights - Highly visible, possibly faster, easy to shoot accurate shots at distance as well. At about $175 (with tritium inserts) they are definitely easier to shoot with than standard sights, but are a little overpriced INHO. They are taller, but still rounded and snag free.

3. The ported barrel on the Infinity makes for fast shots, even with the hot ammo. Recoil is still plenty big, but the muzzle stays down. It ran perfectly on all ammo. The Glock had 1 failure to fully extract, but it was on the weak ammo, and I chalk that up to the 23lb heavy spring that wired put in there.

4. Aftermarket triggers. I believe the only change to the Glock 10mm trigger was the 3.5lb connector, which does make for a lighter trigger than stock. On the Glock 40sw I put in the complete Pyramid trigger, which is TiN coated, titanium firing pin block, new ejector, connector and trigger.

The pyramid is definitely better. The fact that it is wider and made of metal makes for much better feel. It is also adjustable for pre travel and reset, and using the factory settings is much better than the stock or 3.5 lb connector version, although is pretty spendy at $180. The 3.5lb connector gets you close for a lot less money.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top