JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
With all the planning going on to clean up Brown's Camp I got to thinking; what do you do if you see someone leaving trash, or shooting trash?

I pick up about 80% of my brass and never leave trash at all and haven't stayed around long enough at a range to see an offender. Have any of you had to deal with it?

I rarely go there because it was a nice place years back then it got so trashed that I didn't want to be associated with the place.

No I've never seen the people responsible for the trash dumping thank goodness.

I guess I would muster up and politely ask them to clean it up. Just have to choose words to encourage responsibility without talking down to someone I suppose.

So...polite like..."Clean up your #%(&$ you inbreeding $%((@%^ redneck, you're gonna get this place closed down for everyone else..."

Or..."you guys are gonna pick up after yourselves so I don't have to call the dumpstoppers hotline with pictures and license plates....right?"

:)

So...polite like..."Clean up your #%(&$ you inbreeding $%((@%^ redneck, you're gonna get this place closed down for everyone else..."

Or..."you guys are gonna pick up after yourselves so I don't have to call the dumpstoppers hotline with pictures and license plates....right?"

:)

That would work too. But the title said "Range Courtesy.":cool:

One could simply call out a "Cease fire to clean up the range!" and lead by example. If they then don't get the point then use more firm tactics.

Aside from during my stint as a LEO, I find it a bad idea to confront people who are carrying firearms when there are no witnesses around. If, "Hey, would you guys mind helping me clean this place up a little so it doesn't get shut down?" didn't get a positive response, I'd shut up and clean up myself.

The below sticks in my mind. I don't like being in remote areas around people I don't know who have guns, in any situation.

Max

On October 2, 1996, police discovered the bodies of two murdered men near a Larch Mountain rock quarry that commonly was used as a place for target shooting. One had a gunshot wound to his head and five or six additional gunshot wounds to his body; the second had 13 gunshot wounds to various parts of his body.

The police officers investigating the murders identified defendant and his two codefendants, Gregory and Lewis, as suspects. Witnesses described seeing a vehicle that matched Gregory's at the scene of the murders, and Gregory had made a telephone call to the police on the night of the murders, informing them that he had information about the crime.

Later, after Gregory made inculpatory statements about the murders when the officers questioned him, the police gave him Miranda warnings and arrested him. While in custody, Gregory made two recorded statements to the police. In those statements, Gregory stated that he, defendant, and Lewis had gone to Larch Mountain for target shooting. A short time later, the two victims arrived and also began target shooting. Gregory reported that, after speaking with the victims briefly, he and Lewis were walking with their backs to defendant when Gregory heard gunfire and turned to see one of the victims lying on the ground. According to Gregory, the other victim was looking in Gregory's direction and holding a gun. Gregory attempted to shoot at that victim, but the victim hid behind a pile of gravel before Gregory could fire. Gregory stated that he and Lewis then fled into the woods. When he came out of the woods, Gregory encountered one of the victims lying on the ground, wounded but still moving, and he shot that victim in the head to "put him out of his misery[.]" Gregory also stated that, after the killings, defendant had claimed that he had shot the victims because one of the victims had pointed his gun at Gregory. However, Gregory admitted that defendant might have shot the victims just for the thrill of shooting someone and that he, defendant, and Lewis had discussed shooting someone earlier that day and had discussed specifically shooting those victims.

If someone is dumb or bold enough to trash the place in front of witnesses, get a description and a plate# without making them aware. Then turn em in. Confrontation in the woods is a bad recipe for trouble.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top