JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
From my narrow perspective; here is what I'm picking up at the outdoor range:

Pistola
O/F .40 Cal has dropped off @75%; (the local LEs have switched to 9mm).

9mm galore; scrapping 5pounds per week; 15 pounds if I ad the time. Plated 9mm is up @50%; not scrapping that...:D

O/F 45ACP has dropped @10%, small primer pockets (scrap) down beyond mathmatics.

.380; next to nothing.
357; next to nothing.
.38SP is up @20%.
.357Sig; no change 50 pieces/wk
.45LC; no change 20 pieces/wk
Rifle
O/F .308 boxer up @20%
O/F .223 up @15%.
.30-06 up by 10 pieces.wk
.300BO down to 0/wk.

Whatever it's worth

From my narrow perspective; here is what I'm picking up at the outdoor range:

Pistola
O/F .40 Cal has dropped off @75%; (the local LEs have switched to 9mm).

9mm galore; scrapping 5pounds per week; 15 pounds if I ad the time. Plated 9mm is up @50%; not scrapping that...:D

O/F 45ACP has dropped @10%, small primer pockets (scrap) down beyond mathmatics.

.380; next to nothing.
357; next to nothing.
.38SP is up @20%.
.357Sig; no change 50 pieces/wk
.45LC; no change 20 pieces/wk
Rifle
O/F .308 boxer up @20%
O/F .223 up @15%.
.30-06 up by 10 pieces.wk
.300BO down to 0/wk.

Whatever it's worth
So much 9mm...I've stopped picking it up.

And .40 is definitely down.

I almost never find any rimmed cartridge at my club at least.

12 pounds today; mainly O/F .5.56, .40, & 9MM. @90 .45ACP and two handfulls of .270. Some steel-cased X39 to step on.

It looks like metal targets were used for the .556; all the brass was in the same pile....zombie training?

I grew tired of picking up 9MM.

Lol, every Monday without fail; 6 pieces of .45 Colt; Starline Brass in nearly the exact same spot. Same bay, same position from the bench.

Creedmore or .45-70 brass? Dreaming...never.

o_O

458 Socom will be my next build. Tried once. Blasted 2 liters like crazy. Man, it's such a fun caliber!
They only let me shoot 1/2" hanging steel with it twice. 1st shot (325gr. cast) one of the chains broke. 2nd shot, hit the steel at an angle and peppered 2 more target frames.:eek::eek::eek: After that they wouldn't let me try any of my 430gr cast. :(:rolleyes:

Same here, i rarely get any 40s&w but tons of 9mm & 45. I have a stockpile of 2k+ or 9mm & 1k of the 45 ( which of both i do not shoot)

223/556 is common with a few 308 fluted chamber cases.
Even if there is no brass at my little honey hole pit I get my daily walk....:p

Suggestions on brass in calibers I don't plan to reload? I pick up just mine at the range and everything on the ground in the woods, steel and 22 included to make less of an impression on our non-shooting friends. It fills in the gaps in my garbage can so no cost to me. .40 S&W and .270 cases will need a new home, only alternative is drop off at the range.

Jeremy

Suggestions on brass in calibers I don't plan to reload? I pick up just mine at the range and everything on the ground in the woods, steel and 22 included to make less of an impression on our non-shooting friends. It fills in the gaps in my garbage can so no cost to me. .40 S&W and .270 cases will need a new home, only alternative is drop off at the range.

Jeremy

Keep the brass .270 has value!
Pay Forward
Scrap (@$90/5gal)

Steel cases: recycle
Nice plastic hulls: pay forward or trash.

Thanks for picking it up.

Keep the brass .270 has value!
Pay Forward
Scrap (@$90/5gal)

Steel cases: recycle
Nice plastic hulls: pay forward or trash.

Thanks for picking it up.
I don't have a .270 anymore nor a .40, but happy to run them through a cleaning and hand them over to someone that would use them. I picked up one of the mojo magnet rods for shotgun hulls and the little nut weasel that grabs amazing well. My favorite place to shoot in the Tillamook forest, without fail, as I am just about cleaned up the sheriff's deputy pulls in to see how things are going and comments on how it looked a few hours earlier. I swear they have cameras up.

Jeremy

I don't have a .270 anymore nor a .40, but happy to run them through a cleaning and hand them over to someone that would use them. I picked up one of the mojo magnet rods for shotgun hulls and the little nut weasel that grabs amazing well. My favorite place to shoot in the Tillamook forest, without fail, as I am just about cleaned up the sheriff's deputy pulls in to see how things are going and comments on how it looked a few hours earlier. I swear they have cameras up.

Jeremy

I'm sure somebody in the pay forward thread would be happy to take em. I'm in Yamhill County (up stream and up wind of PDX), otherwise I'd make a trade of some sort...

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top