JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm looking for a high quality Range Bag, Made in the USA. What have you found that is big enough for two or three handguns, ammo, and all the crap you need to take to the range with you?

I have an OK Midway bag that I saw recommended on other sites, (about 18" x 11" x 9") and it does the job, but is not particularly high quality (although it was under $50 on sale a while back) and it was made in China.

I'd like to find a strong, heavy-duty, well-made, bag made here in the USofA that won't break the bank.:):):)

What IS made in USA anymore? Even if it has a "Made in USA" tag it doesn't mean it's ALL made in this country.

Darned little. But 51% beats 0%, and if we all make an effort to the best of our ability, just MAYBE it will make a difference. Gotta at least try.

A little more drift---My wife works for a local college, and takes a course that interests her once in a while. She signed up for a global economics class last year. First assignment---"go into your closet, and catalog the country of manufacture for your clothes". A half hour later she had the list.
23 countries. None of them USA. I'm guessing that if women had to clothe themselves with only made in the USA items, they would all be pretty much naked. Hmmm-----is that a bad thing?

Thanks to BillM and others. My search had found Bagmaster but not Green Mountain, some good stuff at both. Looks like Upland doesn't have a product ready-to-buy, they develop what you want. I can't confirm that Dillon is made in the USofA. There are some fine bags out there, USA and ofshore, and the ofshore bags are much cheaper. Laugh if you want to, but there have been way too many American jobs lost; I've got to try where I can.

Thanks to all that responded. As stated in my original post, I have a Midway bag and it's pretty good, but I was trying to find a good quality bag made here in the USofA. Midway is made in China.

LAPG bags look good too, especially if you like a lot of small outside pockets for stuff; but again, made in China.

Just ordered a Green Mountain Range Bag, talked to the guy who will be sewing it together tomorrow in Colorado, and got to pick from a range of colors other than all-black. Had so many all black bags in the closet it was difficult to see what I wanted. Should be here in a few days so I'll post a review and maybe a comparison.

Bad news is - the bags I use are made in CHINA :(
The Good news is there are VERY GOOD bags. Over the past 15 years or more I have bought 5 of the WESTERN PACK bags at gun shows, and they work great for me. Out of the 5 bags, I still use 4 of these bags to carry 20 lbs or more of bullets, ammo, brass, etc. I put a 5/16" or 3/8" plywood in the bottom of the bag.
Sorry I do not have the name or number of the lady that sells them at the gun shows.

Silver Fox, that Comp Range Bag from Tactical Tailor (WA) looks like an outstanding bag for 150 bucks, from a local company that I was not familiar with. I now have on order a BagMaster Range Bag and a Green Mountain Range Bag, one made in Colorado, and one in Florida. I already had two fine bags, an Uncle Mike's (OR company but made in China) and a Midway (also made in China).

If there is any interest, once I have all 4 side-by-side, maybe I'll take some pictures and do a product review.

I use the 5.11 Patrol Ready bag for both work and trips to the range. Downside, even though 5.11 is US company the bag is made in Vietnam :( But still a great bag for $39.99, should check it out! 5.11 on occasion does promotion sales with %20 off!

<broken link removed>

Silver Fox, that Comp Range Bag from Tactical Tailor (WA) looks like an outstanding bag for 150 bucks, from a local company that I was not familiar with. I now have on order a BagMaster Range Bag and a Green Mountain Range Bag, one made in Colorado, and one in Florida. I already had two fine bags, an Uncle Mike's (OR company but made in China) and a Midway (also made in China).

If there is any interest, once I have all 4 side-by-side, maybe I'll take some pictures and do a product review.
I'd be interested in seeing a photo review of those bags.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top