Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Ran into Prozanski today

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by Defense Minister, Jan 29, 2016.

1. Defense Minister

Defense Minister Eugene/Springfield Active Member

While walking in front of the Lane County Courthouse today I noticed a news woman interviewing a man in the Free Speech Plaza. After getting over how attractive she was, I realized it was Floyd Prozanski that was being interviewed, so I waited until the interview was over and approached them. Once they were at a point where I wouldn't be interrupting, I asked him if he was Senator Prozanski to which he responded "Yes, I'm Floyd", so I introduced myself and proceeded with the following:

"I'm a faithful husband to my wife Cindy of 17 years and a loving father of my two teenage children who are both straight-A students and competitive swimmers. I work full-time to support them, go to church regularly, and donate $5000 annually to local non-profit organizations who benefit people in our community. I also volunteer my time with USA Swimming which supports youth in our community through the sport of swimming. Based on what I've told you, am I the kind of citizen that you want to represent in the Oregon State Legislature?"

Floyd responded in 2-3 diplomatically formulated sentences but in essence said "Yes, based on what you've told me."

I then said "There's one more thing I want to tell you about me: I'm a gun-owner and strong supporter of the 2nd Amendment in it's original black-and-white form as originally intended by our forefathers, and the anti-gun legislation that you are pushing, including SB 941 that was passed last year, will only have a negative impact on citizens like me and do nothing to deter crime."

Floyd responded "I'm a gun-owner, too. I don't want to take your guns; I have my own guns. How did you acquire the guns you own?"

I answered that "I got them through various means including private purchases and new purchases from dealers." Then I went back to my point: "By definition, criminals have no regard for the law and will simply ignore any gun laws that are passed. 75-80% of professional law enforcement officers agree that anti-gun laws will do nothing to deter crime."

Floyd responded with polite disagreement telling me that he believes many criminals obtain guns through legal avenues and that is the reason that we need to extend background checks to all firearm sales. He then quickly excused himself stating grave concern over his parking meter running out while inviting me to call him if I want to continue the conversation.

ATCSDav, edison bulb, Slobray and 6 others like this.
  2. coyote223

coyote223 NW Oregon Stamp Collector,,,

So in essence he said, "I support the 2nd, BUT." Just like all the faux gun owning politicians do,,,:rolleyes:

3. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

Good on you! I was eating lunch at the Izzy's pizza/buffet in Albany a couple months back and there was a guy in there that was a DEAD RINGER for Sen. Peter Courtney. After I was done eating, I walked up to his booth and asked him if he was Peter Courtney and he said no he wasn't.

I didn't push it because...

A. maybe he really wasn't Peter Courtney, and I was trying to get him to smile or something (unsuccessfully) so I could see if he had the same distinctive gap in his teeth on the upper right like in his photos,

and

B. if it WAS him, he wasn't wanting to be bothered and I wasn't about to harass him.... but I DID tell him that he was a dead ringer for Peter Courtney, held up my hand and said "no offense" with a wink-nod. He wasn't as amused at that crack as I'd hoped he'd been.... LOL!

I was fixin' to give him an earful on all the gun grabbing groundwork they're laying in Salem.... I still think it WAS him so, it was a near miss! :rolleyes:

Caveman Jim likes this.
  4. Sstrand

Sstrand La Grande OR Well-Known Member

What F P really meant was "Listen peon I am of the ruling class and if I want your opinion I'll give it to you!"

Sheldon

ATCSDav, edison bulb, Slobray and 9 others like this.
  5. Medic!

Medic! What just happened? Has eagle eyes. But cant remember what he saw. Bronze Supporter

Some day a Punk will walk up to him on the street and say.

"I'm a 17 year old scum ball with two kids of my own. Cant remember there names? I rob churches regularly. And need about $5000 a month for my drug habit. Now I'm a bit short on cash so give me your GD wallet or I will shoot you in your F-ing face with this gun I stole''.

At the same time some middle age clean cut gentleman is gona pass buy and see what's going on. Then turn and say, ''Sorry. Cant help you man. My concealed handgun purchase is on Hold''!

Maybe then It will make sense to him? o_O

6. SHPD_Retired

SHPD_Retired Saint Helens Well-Known Member

Ran over Prozanski today would have been a much better headline.

7. Stomper

... he never hit the brakes, and he was shifting gears! ;)

Slobray, Swedish K, Dyjital and 5 others like this.
  8. DuneHopper

DuneHopper Douglas County. Well-Known Member

He is not the typical dirt bag politician on the outside. and as prosecutor one would think he would do everything to stop criminals as that's his day job. I am in his district and have spoken with him on several occasions. In public he is seldom arrogant or challenging however in house chambers he is 100% different and very condescending. When he is surrounded by his Anti-peers he does everything he can to be the lap dog he is ( in my opinion). People need to realize that he is not a very nice guy despite what he presents to the public. I always get the impression when I have talked with him over gun issues that he thinks hes being recorded as he stops short always of being honest and you can tell when he does the political jockeying on the fly.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2016
    ATCSDav, Slobray, Caveman Jim and 2 others like this.
  9. nammac

nammac I-5 Corridor - West of Portland Silver Supporter Silver Supporter

I'd just be happy to see him loose his position as the judiciary committee chair.

Based upon his family history, he cannot chair that committee unbiased, in my humble opinion...

Certainly isn't upholding or protecting either the State or US Constitutions, not with his continuos attacks on civil rights...

And yes, the 2nd Amendment is a civil right...

ATCSDav, Buttercup, Slobray and 3 others like this.
  10. Lance Jacobs

Lance Jacobs South Willamette Valley Oregon Well-Known Member

Many people do not realize that unlike other liberals in the legislature, Prozanski does indeed own guns, and also has a CCW license.

He has explained in the past that since he has worked as an attorney, a judge, and a state legislator, that he has a genuine need to carry a gun for protection. For he has received threats in the past, because of his work.

11. BDA.45

BDA.45 oregon Well-Known Member 2016 Volunteer

If he owns guns, why don't we just make an anonymous phone call (and continue to make calls....) saying he's not in his right frame of mind to have guns???

12. Lance Jacobs

Lance Jacobs South Willamette Valley Oregon Well-Known Member

Well, but you see, he argues that he has an actual need and valid reasons for owning guns for self defense, due to all the work that he has done as an attorney, judge, and member of the legislature.

He says that he needs protection.

ATCSDav likes this.
  13. Stomper

Then I could say the same thing based on my "work" here on NWFA... o_O

ATCSDav, Slobray, Dyjital and 7 others like this.
  14. Jamie6.5

Jamie6.5 Western OR Well-Known Member

I thought you were going to say you were driving when it happened.

ATCSDav, Slobray, Caveman Jim and 3 others like this.
  15. Stomper

Dreams of grandeur.... LOL!

16. Sstrand

Sstrand La Grande OR Well-Known Member

A thought . . .
    Somebody here said there is a law against receiving campaign contributions from someone outside your district.
    QUESTION: Is it illegal for someone who is not in F P's district to contribute to his campaign???HHhhhhmmmmmmm!?!?!?!?

Sheldon

ATCSDav and Caveman Jim like this.
  17. NWGlockgal

NWGlockgal Oregon Well-Known Member

Then he just needs to head to the closest "gun free" zone.:D

18. Patriot1668

Patriot1668 SW Washington Gold Supporter Gold Supporter

When you wrote that you ran into Prozanski I had hoped that you were driving at the time......and backed up to hit him again.

ATCSDav likes this.
  19. waglockfan

waglockfan Puget Sound Well-Known Member

:(The title of this thread is misleading. I had high hopes when I saw it that it was going to continue with a story of you driving a Peterbuilt. Instead you were sporting your Skechers

ATCSDav, aljames and DuneHopper like this.
  20. DuneHopper

DuneHopper Douglas County. Well-Known Member

This man ( I use the term loosely ), is the most dangerous kind of person to pro-gun persons
    because he 100% believes he is doing the right thing and he thinks he is a part of the pro-gun movement but just trying to add some common sense. The fact he thinks he is just and right and not serving just and agenda makes him very very dangerous. If a person has that motive in their heart you wont break him with letters and calls and testimony he is driven more then our side by a long shot and that should scare the dickens out of most pro-gun.

I'm stealing a move line here and edit.:

That Senator is out there! It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are no longer free.

And then we look on our side, who is there with that determination, power and drive ?

ATCSDav, RW-Ore, uberguy and 2 others like this.