JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It meters great in a powder measure, has a decoppering agent, shoots very clean, is somewhat temperature insensitive, provides excellent velocity and consistent velocities, works well with bullets from 40 gr through 69 gr (haven't used it much yet with 77 gr) and has provided these excellent results with AR's with twist rates from 1 in 7" through 1 in 9" in lengths from 12" through 24" as well as 1 in 12" twist bolt guns with 22" and 26" barrels.
At least, that has been my experience. YMMV

And supposedly works well with .308, depending on projectile weight/profile and intended purpose.

Mind, still have yet to start reloading rifle, but having one powder for .223 & .308 seems great to me, until/if we need to get into precision. That will be...a while...

Less inventory to keep track of. Easier to look up load data & log it. Etc.

Yeah, I currently use H335 for loading both .223 and .308 with great results in both, meters well out of the Dillon 550. A powder that works for both of them for me is preferred like it sounds like TAC does, just need to learn in what ways it would be potentially superior.

I load 55gr in .223 and 168gr in .308

I don't recall load velocities off the top of my head as I'm not where my range data is, but I recall 42gr of H335 has given me 2700 FPS out of the 24 inch RFB at about 1000ft above sea level, about 70 degrees, loads often clover if I do my part.

I noticed compared to the load data for Tac max pressure peaks at 61.8K PSI compared to H335 peaking at 49.3K, maximum velocity for each is less than 100fps difference, slight edge to the Tac in velocity, but at a lot more pressure, a couple of more grains off powder are also used by the TAC compared to the H335 for max load.

I wonder what the temperature stability is of H335 compared to TAC.

Yeah, I currently use H335 for loading both .223 and .308 with great results in both, meters well out of the Dillon 550. A powder that works for both of them for me is preferred like it sounds like TAC does, just need to learn in what ways it would be potentially superior.

I load 55gr in .223 and 168gr in .308

I don't recall load velocities off the top of my head as I'm not where my range data is, but I recall 42gr of H335 has given me 2700 FPS out of the 24 inch RFB at about 1000ft above sea level, about 70 degrees, loads often clover if I do my part.

I noticed compared to the load data for Tac max pressure peaks at 61.8K PSI compared to H335 peaking at 49.3K, maximum velocity for each is less than 100fps difference, slight edge to the Tac in velocity, but at a lot more pressure, a couple of more grains off powder are also used by the TAC compared to the H335 for max load.

I wonder what the temperature stability is of H335 compared to TAC.
I used to use H-335 in my .223 bolt guns. It was a little touchy in warm weather with warm loads. TAC seems more forgiving in varying temps, and also seems cleaner burning and maintains decent accuracy longer without cleaning the bore.
I haven't loaded my .308's much with it, but it shows potential. Maybe after I exhaust my considerable supply of IMR-4064. ;)
I can vouch for it in .338 Federal. It gives top velocities with 180 and 200 gr bullets in my son's Ruger Hawkeye. IMR-8208 XBR does edge it out for accuracy in the .338 Fed, though.

I used to use H-335 in my .223 bolt guns. It was a little touchy in warm weather with warm loads. TAC seems more forgiving in varying temps, and also seems cleaner burning and maintains decent accuracy longer without cleaning the bore.
I haven't loaded my .308's much with it, but it shows potential. Maybe after I exhaust my considerable supply of IMR-4064. ;)
I can vouch for it in .338 Federal. It gives top velocities with 180 and 200 gr bullets in my son's Ruger Hawkeye. IMR-8208 XBR does edge it out for accuracy in the .338 Fed, though.

Sounds worth trying at least.

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top