JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Anyone use TAC for .308? I'm going to start working up a .308 hunting load and have a broad selection of bullets, but the only suitable .308 powder I have right now is Ramshot TAC. I'm going to see what it does, but anyone have any input on TAC experiences in .308?

I use it extensively for lots of .223 pills. It's very clean and accurate. Never used it for .308 so I'll be curious to see how it works out for you.

I use it extensively for lots of .223 pills. It's very clean and accurate. Never used it for .308 so I'll be curious to see how it works out for you.

That's my experience with it so far as well. I'll keep everyone posted on what I find when I get everything worked up.

It works with 308 but there are better choices. It was decent with 168s, but for 175s good old 4064 is much better.

For a spherical powder it is a good choice, but if you don't mind using a stick powder you will get better accuracy and usually more temp stability.

For a spherical powder it is a good choice, but if you don't mind using a stick powder you will get better accuracy and usually more temp stability.

Thanks. This is pretty much what I'm expecting. Wouldn't be my first choice but since it's on the shelf it sounds like it should be fine to use.

TAC has worked well for me in 308, still working on this load testing I am between TAC and IMR4166 as my pick for 308, always develop you own load, this is a work in progress with TAC and 168GR A-Max

tac_LI.jpg

TAC has worked well for me in 308, still working on this load testing I am between TAC and IMR4166 as my pick for 308, always develop you own load, this is a work in progress with TAC and 168GR A-Max

View attachment 417184

That's lookin pretty nice! Thanks for posting your results, appreciate it.

...just got around to unpacking 8lbs of TAC which had been setting boxed up for a while. Bought up some one time Midway had a no hazmat fee. Saved a few $ at the time.

Haven't checked Sportsman's for current pricing, but bulking up on reloading components is high on the to-do list for this year (along with learning to reload rifle).

It would be outstanding to only need 1 powder for .223 & .308 (for most our needs), and 1 powder for 9mm (ZIP). Maybe a third powder for .300 blackout.

That'd be pretty easy for me to manage cost & inventory wise.

You can go to the Western Powder website and download a free copy of their reloading guide. Most of the big book manuals I have looked through don't have a lot of data for western powder.

Western powders has come out with their own big book manual almost 500 pages I bet it will be similar to hornadys except with their powders,
And they offer their data online like hodgdon,
I really like western powders

I am going digital for all my manuals where possible. Hornady, Alliant, Western, I use the Hodgdon site for Hodgdon and Winchester. ATM those are all the powders I use. I do have the Speer 14 manual as outdated as it is. I have the latest Nosler manual because it came with my RCBS press kit. I have the Lee 2nd edition also because was free.

That's lookin pretty nice! Thanks for posting your results, appreciate it.

...just got around to unpacking 8lbs of TAC which had been setting boxed up for a while. Bought up some one time Midway had a no hazmat fee. Saved a few $ at the time.

Haven't checked Sportsman's for current pricing, but bulking up on reloading components is high on the to-do list for this year (along with learning to reload rifle).

It would be outstanding to only need 1 powder for .223 & .308 (for most our needs), and 1 powder for 9mm (ZIP). Maybe a third powder for .300 blackout.

That'd be pretty easy for me to manage cost & inventory wise.
You might look into Varget as well. Works great for the .308 and the .223 heavies.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top