JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It was a bitter cold morning standing on the capital steps but we all survived, no one was shot, arrested or left any trash behind.
Man I love a good peaceful rally where people with a love for their rights and a fire in their souls come together to do something constructive and leave with hope and ammunition to spread to others who couldn't be there.
There were two Representatives from my area there, one Repub & a Democrat and both 2A supporters!!! The third did not show because he is the enemy!!!
I didn't hear all that was said but what I did hear was refreshing and will hold them to their word.
Will get some more info as I contact more people on my list.
Thanks to all that attended and also a big thanks to Slobray for meeting up with me & being my hearing aid!!!!:D Good to see you again buddy.

My pleasure Jim, it was great to see you again and be around so many like minded people.

Ray

"But instead of merely apologizing for his crime, Ivanov read from a prepared statement declaring, "I wish they never sold me a firearm. I wish I was never legally allowed to buy one. I hope there will be a continuous effort to change the gun laws so that others cannot make such a tragic mistake."

I would bet that he got $$$$ for his family from some anti-gun organization to say that ignorant statement. Sounds like a setup to me.

Great article Dave and was good to meet you.:) Keep up the good work.

Good to see folks were able to turn out. But it's too bad more gun owners aren't willing to show up en masse to show more support for gun rights.

Instead, you get rallies at capitols around the country where many more, in some cases over 1,000 show up in support of....illegal immigrants. Sad to see that folks are in support of breaking the law, but not so much for constitutional rights :(

Over 400 estimated in Salem yesterday to support the 'rights' of illegal immigrants:

636200117352011604-SAL-ImmigrantRally-ar-15.JPG

636200117337191509-SAL-ImmigrantRally-ar-16.JPG

636200117357471639-SAL-ImmigrantRally-ar-17.JPG

636200117386799827-SAL-ImmigrantRally-ar-19.JPG

Not trying to derail the thread, and I've got no problem whatsoever with legal immigration. I just find it interesting to see what motivates people to act, show up, rally. Maybe more gun owners should break the law - maybe then more people will come out to support their rights too?? o_O Last rally I went to in Salem definitely didn't have a large turnout. That said, I'm still not sure how effective these rallies are, especially when the news will extensively, positively cover a rally about illegal immigrants and if they cover a pro-gun rally, it will be done so as to give a negative light to gun owners - like focusing on the people open-carrying AR's and AK's in the capitol building.

Good to see folks were able to turn out. But it's too bad more gun owners aren't willing to show up en masse to show more support for gun rights.

Instead, you get rallies at capitols around the country where many more, in some cases over 1,000 show up in support of....illegal immigrants. Sad to see that folks are in support of breaking the law, but not so much for constitutional rights :(

Over 400 estimated in Salem yesterday to support the 'rights' of illegal immigrants:

View attachment 335410

View attachment 335411

View attachment 335412

View attachment 335413

Not trying to derail the thread, and I've got no problem whatsoever with legal immigration. I just find it interesting to see what motivates people to act, show up, rally. Maybe more gun owners should break the law - maybe then more people will come out to support their rights too?? o_O Last rally I went to in Salem definitely didn't have a large turnout. That said, I'm still not sure how effective these rallies are, especially when the news will extensively, positively cover a rally about illegal immigrants and if they cover a pro-gun rally, it will be done so as to give a negative light to gun owners - like focusing on the people open-carrying AR's and AK's in the capitol building.

Wait a dogon minuet, illegal aliens have rights???? NO FUGGIN WAY!!!!

Well that right there shows you just how well organized our constitutional enemies are and it makes me sad. Strike that, MAD!!!!

Wait a dogon minuet, illegal aliens have rights???? NO FUGGIN WAY!!!!

Well that right there shows you just how well organized our constitutional enemies are and it makes me sad. Strike that, MAD!!!!

Funny how many folks defend the "rights" of those that actually don't have them under our constitution, while simultaneously supporting/voting for the same politicians who would defend the illegal and attack the actual constitutional rights of American citizens.

You're right, that does make me MAD too :mad:

We need to get better organized:mad:. If I could get even a few weeks notice, I can skip work to make it. I'm sure I'm not the only pro 2nd guy in this position. In fact I have a few buddies that said the same thing and would have been more than willing to go. I know the importance of doing this during the week so I'm willing to sacrifice work/pay to be there but can't lose my job over a rally simply because I couldn't give any notice. I know this was posted on FB and I'm not sure how much notice/organization went into this. I don't participate in FB( or any other form social media, unless you consider NWFA social media:rolleyes:) for several reasons, one being that it's still liberal MEDIA. I believe there is a level of Mob rule/bias that really tends to control what people say and do online. I see this with my wife as she does have an account. She often tells me about things she sees on FB, if it's something conservative based, she is often afraid to like or share it cuz she is concerned of what her liberal friends or family might say or think. It often keeps her from following or posting certain things. Of course her liberal friends and family aren't as reserved. She isn't the only FB fornicator I know that does this.:D It makes me wonder how many people out there are in the same situation. I know there are some that simply don't care and will say and do what they feel but I sadly think those people are fewer and fewer everyday. Anyway that's just one reason I won't bother with FB and why I don't think it's the best, or at least shouldn't be the only venue for getting people to gather for a conservative cause. I'd like to think I'm not the only guy out there that thinks this wayo_O If the AWB comes down the pike, we will need mass turnout... Might as well get to organizing now cuz if this one dosnt make it through, the next one will.

And as said elsewhere: study the Saul Alinsky playbook, and use it to beat its creators at their own game. :)

We need to attract cameras and mikes, and start asking hard painful questions that Victim Disarmer's can't answer--back them into the "are you still beating your wife?" corner, for one asking why they want arms for the protection of mere baubles like gem and jewelry shipments but not human lives, or why they want to protect some lives but not others.

We need to get better organized:mad:. If I could get even a few weeks notice, I can skip work to make it. I'm sure I'm not the only pro 2nd guy in this position. In fact I have a few buddies that said the same thing and would have been more than willing to go. I know the importance of doing this during the week so I'm willing to sacrifice work/pay to be there but can't lose my job over a rally simply because I couldn't give any notice. I know this was posted on FB and I'm not sure how much notice/organization went into this. I don't participate in FB( or any other form social media, unless you consider NWFA social media:rolleyes:) for several reasons, one being that it's still liberal MEDIA. I believe there is a level of Mob rule/bias that really tends to control what people say and do online. I see this with my wife as she does have an account. She often tells me about things she sees on FB, if it's something conservative based, she is often afraid to like or share it cuz she is concerned of what her liberal friends or family might say or think. It often keeps her from following or posting certain things. Of course her liberal friends and family aren't as reserved. She isn't the only FB fornicator I know that does this.:D It makes me wonder how many people out there are in the same situation. I know there are some that simply don't care and will say and do what they feel but I sadly think those people are fewer and fewer everyday. Anyway that's just one reason I won't bother with FB and why I don't think it's the best, or at least shouldn't be the only venue for getting people to gather for a conservative cause. I'd like to think I'm not the only guy out there that thinks this wayo_O If the AWB comes down the pike, we will need mass turnout... Might as well get to organizing now cuz if this one dosnt make it through, the next one will.

EVILZ, you fit the mold of a lot of Pro 2A supporters in America and I commend you, that being said, we as organizers cannot gain any speed to thwart the leftist anti-American politicians and their lemmings. I can bet if we had more notice for these get togethers the numbers would be more but sad to say not very much more. I believe one of the major reasons why people are afraid to attend is they are afraid of being caught on camera and their liberal employers seeing them at a Pro-gun rally and they will be fired. It's fear of retaliation for their beliefs and their rights become stifled. I could never live like that, having to look at myself in the mirror each morning and know I was beaten down by those who want to control everyone...:(
We need to stand up and be counted or they will continue to kick our azzes and wittle our rights away. Sure most of us who are in it to win are retired but if you don't stand for something then you will kneel to a ruler.
I for one will NEVER KNEEL!!!
Let's get motivated folks!!!

I believe one of the major reasons why people are afraid to attend is they are afraid of being caught on camera and their liberal employers seeing them at a Pro-gun rally and they will be fired. It's fear of retaliation for their beliefs and their rights become stifled.
Sounds like my cowardly "fair-weather principles" mother, "don't talk about guns in public because you come off as EXACTLY the type everybody's so scared of!"

And she thinks *I'm* full of bullcrap...

EVILZ, you fit the mold of a lot of Pro 2A supporters in America and I commend you, that being said, we as organizers cannot gain any speed to thwart the leftist anti-American politicians and their lemmings. I can bet if we had more notice for these get togethers the numbers would be more but sad to say not very much more. I believe one of the major reasons why people are afraid to attend is they are afraid of being caught on camera and their liberal employers seeing them at a Pro-gun rally and they will be fired. It's fear of retaliation for their beliefs and their rights become stifled. I could never live like that, having to look at myself in the mirror each morning and know I was beaten down by those who want to control everyone...:(
We need to stand up and be counted or they will continue to kick our azzes and wittle our rights away. Sure most of us who are in it to win are retired but if you don't stand for something then you will kneel to a ruler.
I for one will NEVER KNEEL!!!
Let's get motivated folks!!!

What you are saying is very true, firearms have become so politically in correct people are fearful to even mention them. That only makes the problem worse. This is exactly what I was talking about with the social media bs. They often say they don't want to get political, which means they are too afraid to share their views. The first amendment is in as much trouble as the second, maybe more. It's sad to see that the biggest problem that may be keeping eager people from standing up for their second amendment is such an unwillingness to exercise their first...

I'm 32 and with the way things seem to be going in this country, I may never retire. I have a family to care for otherwise I would probably be more careless with my work schedule and I figure lots of firearms enthusists are in my position. So I figured more heads up would help with attendance, but maybe it wouldn't be enough.. How ever this goes, I am up for the fight, I couldn't live with myself if I did nothing...:mad:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top