JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Wow, there is a lot of advice out there I'm sure but 13 is a tough age for a girl. Does she get along with her mom? Mine's 34 now, married and with my grandbaby. I always feel like we 'lucked out'. Never had major problems but always wondered if we were right too. Try asking her where she thinks she fits into the family and really listen to what she has to say. Tough conversation to have. Good luck.

Sorry bud, not there yet with mine. A lot of things could factor into kids behavior. If nothing stands out at home it could be something going on at school maybe

I've got three. I give them my everything but sometimes you have to crack a whip. Today I had them making concrete pavers. Sometimes when the planets align just right I can get some good productivity out of them. But they can all shoot straight and are mostly smarter than I ever was at their age. However, I'm careful not to take a nap on the couch if there's a hammer laying around...
Choose your battles.

IMG_20200408_164628.jpg IMG_20200408_170943.jpg IMG_20141206_153603.jpg

I have 4 daughters ages 21-30, it'll be alright as there brain falls out of their heads from 13-17. She'll come back, just love her, take her on dates to show her the type of Man she's looking for. You raised her and you've already pointed the arrow.

When my daughter was 13 I asked her if she wanted a drivers license when she turns 16. Of course she said yes. I told her she had 3 years to begin earning the money to pay the difference on our insurance. Hardly mentioned it again. But she did it. We had friends that couldn't believe that we made her pay her way. Made me do the bird look (sideways stare) wondering why not. I think that if they earn their money they are less inclined to want to f$$k up their own stuff.

My motto is that if you want to give your kids anything at all, that you give them a work ethic. Hard work, expectations, and earning their own money to spend. I always made her show me 2 quarters every time she went out with friends. Drove her nuts but I was telling her I loved her.

Hell, I could never figure out the older ones, let alone a teenage one!

Sorry to hear about your situation there. Did this recently happen as she turned into a teen? I ask cause my daughter is about to turn 11 and we get along great so far. There's definitely bad mojo going on at that age, but it also depends on the individual to a great degree.

Sorry, no advice.

Sorry to hear about your situation there. Did this recently happen as she turned into a teen? I ask cause my daughter is about to turn 11 and we get along great so far. There's definitely bad mojo going on at that age, but it also depends on the individual to a great degree.

Sorry, no advice.
Oh trust me i was the light of her life till about a year ago. Then wham!!! Teenager reared it's ugly head.

The best thing you can do for a girl is show her that her behavior has consequences. Boys usually learn that bad behavior or poor decisions result in pain. Girls don't, and that's not good for their overall attitude. Since she's a little old to spank....

Take her door away.
That's a good idea! Also my kids don't have cell phones.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top