JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Ariel Shooting Supply carries some Raineer Balistics, he's up in Ariel Wa. with a Woodland PO box#, google him. Seems for the time being he's not shipping. I use Raineer 200gr plated hps for my .45. I've always purchased through Cabela's.

Mike

Thanks,

I bought from Ariel two times at the PDX gun show. The first time it was Rainier which was ok. The second time it was their own brand or at least it was labeled Ariel. I didn't like those.

I contacted Rainier for direct purchase a while back. The pricing was pretty good. But you have to buy at least 35000. Guess I'll have to make a trip to Cabelas...

I wouldn't make a trip there, fuel for the drive would be more than shipping.

I just checked the website and there's a lot of "BACKORDERABLE" as I looked down the line, you'd better hurry if you want the bullets soon.

Mike

Thanks - Brightwater is not too far. I'll have to check their pricing to see if its worth the drive.

If I don't get plated ones, .40/180 gr, $62 for 500 which is the last pricing I remember, I get XTPs, $20 for 100 at Bimart. The XTPs are a little nicer than i would like to use for plinking. I wish Bimart would carry Rainier. Their pricing on a lot of the reloading stuff is really good.

Have you thought of looking at Montana Gold for your .40? Fully jacketed, not plated. I load 155gr MG HPs for my CZ 75 .40. .40cal being a round that can be pushed to higher velocity, and much higher pressures than .45acp would be more apropriate to use a jacketed bullet IMO. The only reason I went to Raineer in the first place for .45 is because MG doesn't make 200gr HPs.

Montana Gold has a minimum order of a K but the price shown includes S&H. You could always find someone on the board to buy what you wouldn't use if need be.

Mike

DOOH totally missed that forum - seems like a good deal. It will make for premium plinking. I have only shot 180/200 gr from my G20 so far. It will be interesting to run something a little faster down the barrel.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top