JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I just got off the phone with rainier, I wanted them to SBR an AR for me. They told me they no longer offer that service because their lawyers advised them not to. So is there anywhere else? Or am I stuck sending it out of state?

Just curious, what is the advantage of an SBR lower over a pistol lower?? Seems like the $200 tax stamp would pay for a very nice pistol lower and you could do what you want with it. What am I missing??

Just curious, what is the advantage of an SBR lower over a pistol lower?? Seems like the $200 tax stamp would pay for a very nice pistol lower and you could do what you want with it. What am I missing??
Well not having to worry about accidentally sholdering a pistol whenyou come up to your cheek.

Googling the bill....

(1) Except as otherwise provided in this section, it is unlawful for any person to manufacture, own, buy, sell, loan, furnish, transport, or have in possession or under control, any machine gun, short-barreled shotgun, or short-barreled rifle; or any part designed and intended solely and exclusively for use in a machine gun, short- barreled shotgun, or short-barreled rifle, or in converting a weapon into a machine gun, short-barreled shotgun, or short-barreled rifle; or to assemble or repair any machine gun, short-barreled shotgun, or short-barreled rifle.

(2) It is not unlawful for a person to possess, transport, acquire, or transfer a short-barreled rifle that is legally registered and possessed, transported, acquired, or transferred in accordance with federal law.

Looks like (1) makes "manufacturing" one illegal, and (2) forgot to including "manufacturing" in the exemption. Slip of a legislature's mind, now you're a criminal. Nice.

So ya in essence they didn't include the word "manufacture" in the bill. But if you head on over to arfcom, there you will find a thread in the WA section about the bill being fixed for 2016. So I'm hopeful about that working out

Hopefully it gets fixed..........

I have a dedicated .45 lower I want to SBR and now that Rainier does not do it......Guess I should have done it a lot sooner :rolleyes:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top