Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Rainer Arms branded products.

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by IronMonster, Feb 7, 2015.

1. IronMonster

IronMonster Washington Opinionated Member Diamond Supporter

I have been surprised lately to see how many products Rainer has managed to attach their name too. I was kind of wondering what you guys thought about having a re-branded product. If you think its good/bad or simply dont care?

I know that Mega makes their large bore AR receivers (.308) I think that SI Defense makes there .308 BCG
    We all know that AXTS makes their charging handles. I heard that there barrels are manufactured by Wilson and Blackhole Weaponry. There are several rail systems marked Rainer. They have all kinds of other products that they rebranded. Comps, gas blocks & tubes, trigger guards and assorted other bits.

I guess I just find it a little strange. Personally I would rather not have their name on it. Its not a deal killer but If I had a choice (such as buying a Mega receiver set VS a Rainer arms which are the same thing) I would want the one with the actual manufactures name on it. Rainer is a respected name in the AR world, I assume there must be some mutual benefit to those company's that allow their products to be marked Rainer Arms. I know Rainer pushes there "house brand" when ever I have stopped in there.

What do you think? If you where spending your hard earned money would you want one marked Rainer or would you opt for the original manufacture?

Last edited: Feb 7, 2015
  2. Garg

Garg east of portland metro Hold my beer..... watch this Bronze Supporter

The Rainer Zombie lower was awesome. Extremely good kit. Not a lot of experience beyond that.

3. mjbskwim

mjbskwim Salmon,Idaho Well-Known Member

Well since most of the stuff you buy for an AR is rebranded....or produced by one company for another company with their name on it,I don't see the problem.
    Rainier parts that I have purchased were all top notch.Heck the pistol I built,that went on to a friend of a friend,before Dec 4 of course,dumped all the brass in a little pile with a Rainier Arms BCG.
    Most everything we buy is made by a few different companies for a lot of different name brands. It would take some real investigating to find out what parts are actually made 'in house'

oli700 likes this.
  4. Flopsweat

Flopsweat Slightly right of center Well-Known Member

I have an EOTech sight that says Bushnell on it. Doesn't bother me a bit. I have a couple of Anderson lowers with one of the ugliest logos in the AR community. Doesn't bother me much. On the other hand, I have a friend who buys everything based on the brand name. I swear he's probably wearing designer socks right now. :rolleyes:

5. IronMonster

Well that is part of what I think irritates me just a bit with Rainer. They dont actually manufacture anything that I am aware of yet they have their name on more bits than some manufactures. I want to know who built it. I dont care so much that Rainer puts a logo on it, however I still want to know who manufactured it. My experience that brought on this post was looking for a .308 BCG. There are not a lot of options at this point and its hard to say who is building what. But what I want is something with a track record that is produced by a company with a good reputation for quality products. If I dont know who built "Rainer Arms" product X I am far less likely to buy it, even though I know its bound to be good because I doubt they would put their name on anything that wasn't. I ended up buying a Aero Precision BCG, I came real close to buying the Si-Defense and probably would have if theirs had the forward assist notches in it (another crazy thing. My .308 upper has forward assist, Even though I probably dont need nor will ever use the FA I just could not bring myself to put a BCG in that did not have the notches. It seemed wrong to have a non functioning feature on a rifle, even if its one you dont need. I think its just a mental hang up about things being "right")

Capn Jack and mjbskwim like this.
  6. Flopsweat

I buy Wolf ammo too. :p

7. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

This issue transcends the "AR market", and is applicable to just about all manufactured goods, be it tools, major appliances, car parts, etc.

Most things are made by a few major "manufacturers" according to a certain spec, then get whatever name brand affixed to it. The price will be largely dictated by what brand name is slapped on it, and what region of the country/world it gets sold in.

oli700 likes this.
  8. BrentN

BrentN Kelso Active Member

I've always heard this about batteries, but don't know how true it is.

9. oli700

oli700 Rogue Valley Well-Known Member

Lol, only a about 30% isn't rebranded.....as long as it's done with sharp cutters, measures right and is the right materials finished properly it's good, the rest is vanity

10. Pandaz3

Pandaz3 Cornelius, Oregon NRA Lifetime Member Platinum Supporter Gold Supporter Bronze Supporter

I must be a designer socks kind of guy, I mostly buy stuff I believe to be good. But that means I research and make sure some type of quality control is used. I have not bought Rainer as I don't have warm fuzzy with them. I don't always buy "The best" but usually I need to know who did what. I have Noveske and PWS uppers on the high end. I bought a Armalite cheaper upper that I really like, and I just bought a flattop cheaper upper from Kurt's. I also have complete rifles from Armalite (AR-10) and Daniels Defense. I believe everything I bought was made by those people or in the case of Kurt's had the supplier of parts vetted. The Kurt's is a Melonite barrel and finish that I would not care for in a primary rig. I would want a chrome line barrel and chamber at least, but it is hard for me to say these parts are bad...I think they are good, just not my first choice if this were my only gun. It doesn't match my designer socks!

I don't mind re-branded, but i need to know it's quality.

11. Cameron72

Cameron72 Harrington, WA Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I would think if Rainer adds their name to a component, it's not a POS component. No airsoft parts either.

12. usagi

usagi Redmond Well-Known Member

big name manufacturers like Browning, S&W, CZ, etc all rebrand stuff too.

I bought a palmetto state armory barrel, that was manufactured by FN Herstal. Is that bad? o_O

Flopsweat and oli700 like this.
  13. oli700

oli700 Rogue Valley Well-Known Member

If you like one of the best all around barrels, no
    If you like posting roll marks online, yes;)

14. Flopsweat

I bought one of those because it was made by FN. :)

15. IronMonster

I've got three of those FN barrels PSA sells, I am impressed with all of them. Great shooters for the money