1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

rain barrels/food buckets

Discussion in 'Preparedness & Survival' started by Barefoot343, Mar 10, 2011.

1. Barefoot343

Barefoot343 liberalville Active Member

Hello, Curious if anybody knows a good place to purchase rain barrels w/ filters and food buckets with lids?

2. Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg WA Well-Known Member

My local supermarket bakery dept gives me free, cleaned out buckets with lids if I ask nicely. Most of the lids are rubber gasketed

For barrels look to surplus yards and food canneries that import items like hot peppers, (they use the Mason Jar type barrels, very handy for storing or caching gear, and I even use some for dry paper and kindling storage, outside for emergency fire starting) and also soda pop factories, they use DOT food barrels (regular bung type barrels) to transport the syrups and the phosphoric acids, etc

There's also this guy in Oregon who sells barrels, last I looked he was selling the business

The Barrel Man - Home

Says : Not for potable water but that may just be a legal disclaimer
  3. Father of four

Father of four Portland, Oregon Well-Known Member

Inexpensive food grade buckets with lids can be found on Craigslist. You have to keep checking daily to get the good deals.

I just picked up 50 (5)gallon food grade buckets with lids for $112.

That's all I will need for a while.

Good deals on rain barrels can be found there too I bet.
  4. spectra

spectra The Couve Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

Check out this guy PLASTIC BUCKETS His prices have went up I picked up buckets with lids for 2 bucks each a couple of months ago. Also check out the local Safeway as the one down the street from me gives them away for free.