JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I picked up my new Raging Bull .44mag . Dang, this thing is cool. My wife laughed when I pulled it out, hmm that sounds funny but... She says it looks like the Jokers gun from Batman. I can't wait to go shoot it other than the price of ammo. :gun19:

Any good idea for a comfortable holster, it is the 6" barrel?

Cabela's has some decent holsters for huge hand cannons like that.

Be sure to make sure there's no hairline cracks on the cylinder. I was at the range a few weeks ago and there was a dude with a Raging Bull in there that kept shooting even though it had a small hairline fracture and it blew out part of the cylinder, bent the top of the frame up, and his hand stung like you know what. He of course wanting to be Mr. Macho was shooting some really hot stuff out of it. They're awesome guns but just wanted to pass along the heads up. He claimed he had only put a couple of boxes through it before noticing the fracture. Lesson...don't attempt to shoot a gun with a problem, send it back to the factory to fix.

Be sure to make sure there's no hairline cracks on the cylinder. I was at the range a few weeks ago and there was a dude with a Raging Bull in there that kept shooting even though it had a small hairline fracture and it blew out part of the cylinder, bent the top of the frame up, and his hand stung like you know what. He of course wanting to be Mr. Macho was shooting some really hot stuff out of it. They're awesome guns but just wanted to pass along the heads up. He claimed he had only put a couple of boxes through it before noticing the fracture. Lesson...don't attempt to shoot a gun with a problem, send it back to the factory to fix.

Good to see that "Darwins Law" is still alive and kicking.:huh:

^^^ hahaha, MAN that guy musta looked cool! i want a raging bull too, want to get my .45 first, then i'll have all the basics covered & be able to move on to a cannon like that. Nice pick!

Good to see that "Darwins Law" is still alive and kicking.:huh:

We had something even worse happen when I worked for Hodgdon Powder Co. We had a retail store and indoor range next door. Some yahoo had just bought a brand new Colt Python and reloading equipment, but decided he didn't want to pay the money for a reloading manual.

He takes the Python out to the range and touches off the first round which blew off the top strap and the sides of two adjoining cylinders. Turns out he just dipped .357 mag cases full to the brim with Unique and seated a 158 gr JHP on top of it. He's lucky he kept his hand.

It's stories like this that makes me leary of the Taurus revolvers. I heard of a .41 mag that went Kaboom from factory ammo as well.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top