JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I haven't seen near as many momma coons with their babies this year and now I know why. Saw a baby raccoon convulsing by a road in the Estacada area and he couldn't get up. His momma came by minutes later and dragged him off.

My office looks out on the Clackamas river between the foot bridge and the High Rocks. Last Thursday I had happened to get up and stretch my legs and as I looked out of my office window I saw a racoon come up out of the bushes and amble off down the pathway. I thought this was unusual as it was the middle of the day, but I found out later that there are a couple of old ladies that have been putting out cat food for the feral cats that live by the river and that apparently is what has been drawing the racoons. One of my co-workers was taking a walk at lunch time when she had to turn back on the path as a racoon was blocking her way and it just hissed at her and didn't run away.

It's normal to see them in the daytime this time of the year. The mommas need to make lots of milk so they come out to feed at all hours. They have their babies in late spring so they should be weaning by now and the momas are showing them where to eat.

I hit the net and found out there was an outbreak on the coast last year. Looks like it's in the valley now. I called the county and left a message.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top