JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've been looking for the phone interview that Lars Larson did with Gunny Ermy regarding the way he got the role on Full Metal Jacket. My google foo is weak I guess. He talked to him on the air more than once. If anyone can find it it's really worth a listen.

4D1927FA-6EA7-4BF4-94B6-3B2EE03722B2.jpeg One of my fave "Gunny Time" episodes... Would love to go shooting with both of em' for vastly different reasons.

One of those guys that always made me smile or laugh on tv or YouTube. His character was something unlike all others.

We lost a good one and he will never be replaced.

Sad day today.

Have always loved everything that's had gunny in it. Even the beer and insurance commercials. Gunny single handedly made FMJ a hit movie. He was gun ho and funny at the same time. Great sense of humor and gave the greatest support and respect for our troops and went out of his way to show them that. Great man and great marine. He will be missed but he will live on forever as he has left quite the memorable footprint on this earth.

Bet he's up there right now whippin' them into shape!

Godspeed soldier!

It's time to raise a glass of fine old whiskey to all of those DI's from whatever service that taught us as boys that we could survive much more than we ever expected and come out the other side as men. Here's to you, Gunnery Sergeant Emory, and here's a to you Senior Chief Watson, Sir.

Last Edited:
RIP Gunny. Semper Fidelis. A final salute from an old sailor. May you shine the Pearly Gates forever, carrying an M14 across your back.

If you really want to hack off a Marine, just tell them to turn over their ID card. On the back, it reads: "Department Of The U.S. Navy."

It gets their goat every time!

Last Edited:
RIP Gunny. Semper Fidelis. A final salute from an old sailor. May you shine the Pearly Gates forever, carrying an M14 across your back.

If you really want to hack off a Marine, just tell them to turn over their ID card. On the back, it reads: "Department Of The U.S. Navy."

It gets their goat every time!
Nah, we always knew the purpose of the Navy was to take Marines where they needed to go.
And, of course, to stand watch;)

Everyone has a right to be an ***hole, but how did you manage to be doubly blessed? ;)

We all bleed red white and blue, Marine.

Welcome home.

Ha... Natural talent and years of disciplined practice, Captain. Never settle for mediocrity.

I have no doubt we could light up a target pretty well together...

And never forget, the United States is ultimately a naval power. That's what this flap in Syria is really all about; strategic access and control of the Mediterranean.

Daddy was Navy Rifle Team. I cut my teeth on the barrel of a .22 Long Rifle.

Yeah, we have a natural odor for the enemy... the smell of cold-blooded killers. We can blow a man's brains out at a range of 3 feet, then go eat a ham sandwich.

I'm not an ****ole, I'm the ****ole, and that's Mister ****ole to YOU!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top