JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
One of only a very few "Celebrities" I have ever met, and was quite surprised to find a normal bad azz Marine, not some Hollywood joker, but a real person, with a great big heart and a honest reason to be there when he didn't have to, doing something for our fighting men and women, and he didn't have to! He wanted to, says every thing there is to say about the man!

Only a handful of celeb's passing have made me truly grieve....this is a sad day....I did get to meet him once, he was a heck of a guy...

30716149_10213709443829155_5427227291978368618_n.jpg

'Full Metal Jacket' actor R. Lee Ermey dies at age 74

You know I usually view celebrities passing away as just another smuck,
But ready the title to that thread felt like a punch in the gut.

Just hearing his voice made me want to salute, and I wasn't in the military.

God Bless you Mr. Ermey. May you rest in peace, and your family find comfort.

I was reading his facebook page and saw he had passed very saddened by this, he was a huge supporter of our Second Amendment .

This is a release from his manager.

Statement from R. Lee Ermey's long time manager, Bill Rogin:

It is with deep sadness that I regret to inform you all that R. Lee Ermey ("The Gunny") passed away this morning from complications of pneumonia. He will be greatly missed by all of us. It is a terrible loss that nobody was prepared for. He has meant so much to so many people. And, it is extremely difficult to truly quantify all of the great things this man has selflessly done for, and on behalf of, our many men and women in uniform. He has also contributed many iconic and indelible characters on film that will live on forever. Gunnery Sergeant Hartman of Full Metal Jacket fame was a hard and principled man. The real R. Lee Ermey was a family man, and a kind and gentle soul. He was generous to everyone around him. And, he especially cared deeply for others in need.

There is a quote made famous in Full Metal Jacket. It's actually the Riflemen's Creed. "This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine."

There are many Gunny's, but this one was OURS. And, we will honor his memory with hope and kindness. Please support your men and women in uniform. That's what he wanted most of all.

Semper Fi, Gunny. Godspeed.

R. Lee Ermey
Thank you Gunny you will be missed, but remembered,
:s0042:

A release I saw described him as portraying "sadistic Gunnery Sergeant Hartman"
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! If they think that was sadistic, they shoulda seen Drill Instructor Staff Sergeant Ke..... (name withheld out of respect for a tough Marine)
They clearly don't grasp the distinction between stern and motivating vs "sadistic".

Rest in Peace, Gunny. Semper Fi!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads